Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i wanted to see that fight haha.

anyway pulled in around 4-4:30 and stayed till close. snow was nice and soft and a few bare spots. flat down and flat had horrrrible landings and not so good run ups. down rail, up box, flat drop, cement ledge and stairset box were all very nice. the jump was very nice with a nice lip on it.. you just had to his the side cause the middle got rutted out quite badly from all the little kids casing it.

everything was sick last night except the flat and flat down. they redid the jump later in the night and made it like a ten foot gap, so it kept alot of kids off of it. the lip was so sick. oh and about the big stair and where kids are sitting, that really needs to change. I took one kid out that was standing right in the landing, and almost landed on another kids head. My friend took out another kid, haha, and this one kid who gapped the middle part of the box nailed some other kid in the landing. i mean its funny, but someone is going to get hurt one of these times. something needs to be done.

conditions were nice today... snow was soft but very fun. bear is really in need of some blowing time. but over all all the lips and landings were good accept the landing on the flat down with the little bumps and i have given up on hitting the flat box and now i just always hit the bleacher because it is always in good shape.

did anyone hear the news about the A lift? 2001480223558255477_rs.jpg

If you can't read it it says "Take one final ride on this chair lift because... we are replacing it with a quad chair in the summer" That may have been for the old triple but idk...

yeah they had that sign up for a couple days now... first they had it on the outside then moved it to the other side of the lift house thing idk if its tru or not tho because i think they would have somthing else about it not just a sign but idk.

I'm pretty sure it's getting replaced. Shame, I liked that lift. Its the last of the old generation lifts at BC from former Doe Mountain.

same i remember riding that when i first started skiing. somtimes, well alot of times its faster if (your riding by yourself) to get to the top because the quad always stops..... hopfully when they put a quad in it doesnt make the trails too crowded. but they only use the double when it gets crowded so i think that if they got a quad it wouldnt be on all the time.

it was very wet tonight... luckly i got a trash bag so it helped keep me warm

but at like 6 pm the bottom jump was closed and when i ask they said somone fell and broke there neck

i don't know if it is true

p.s. the double getting replaced is old news mark said that like 3 months ago

Edited by Mini Zep

The triple is not an old generation lift. I guess the actual chairs are but they painted over them anyway.

Before the mountain changed ownership Doe had plans to cut trails past timberline so there is room to expand.

but to cut down trafic from the quad they are getting they would need to cu more trails on the terrain park side... i dont think they own any of that. they should get rid or move tubing and cut trails along side of cascade.