Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it snowing there right now? cause it doesnt look like the foggy/rainy weather that the whole area was supposed to get

It was def foggy and wet, not sure if it rained or how much it rained there. Just an observation from the webcam this afternoon. I'm goin up there tomorrow in the AM, bringing the rock skis just in case.......

they are prob just pushing it like last time and then doing nothing with it. either do it or dont stop teasing us haha but doesnt matter for me anymore, my last day was sunday...im having surgery on my shoulder tomorrow...

Cutting a halfpipe takes a lot more time than people know. Ideally we needed enough snow in there to completely fill it so that the decks of the halfpipe are level with the snow inside it.

TR for Bear Creek:

Nothing I can add that hasn't been said. Nice facilities, charming ride thru Stixenhicksburg, nice place for park riders. Got there around 9:30, got my $12 extendo pass, and skied Mt. Assboyle (Extreme and Sasquatch) until I got sick of sitting on a lift. Snow was mashie with a mix of italian ice.....yellow. Sunny and 39, underarmour, turtle neck and Karbon vest were plenty. Sasquatch had a shoulder's worth of bumps, badly rutted.

Conclusion: The Time Riding on Lift to Actual Time Skiing ratio is off the charts. I woulda rather spent the sitting time in my car going to Blue and skiing 5 times as much.

Otherwise, if I was a parkrider, lived within 15 minutes, and could ski/board on weekdays, it seems like a nice local destination. I woulda slit my wrists if there was ANY wait for the lifts. Must be a zoo on the weekends.