Blizzard of '07

im rick james

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone cares, it started snowing in Scranton around 7:45 a.m. By 7:55 everything was already covered. ABS kicked in twice driving to work--the snow is very slippery. It's been coming down really hard all morning. I'm basically waiting til my boss says I can go home. Now time to make some hot chocolate with marshmellows!

This morning, the models are putting the significant snow further north, like the map Papasteeze posted yesterday. The GFS model puts the most snow over Connecticut at a foot plus. The NCEP models show more in NE PA. Elk could hit it big. But the precip forecasts for resorts in central, southern and eastern PA might not get this one. Check out the maps by clicking on this.

Thats funny cuz I just called Ski School and its been switching from rain to snow and back. Guys I talked to said it was real good this morning with about 2 inches of nice snow but now its getting wet and sloppy. I don't think I'm gonna go.

Likewise. Rode in the rain tuesday, don't feel like doing it again. Hopefully this storm on sunday isn't a bust....

i saw that too. it could change though. lets keep our fingers crossed.

With the weathermen being so uncertain, and with every weather site saying something different. I wouldn't get your hopes up about this storm. Initially they were saying big things, but i think that low pressure system is moving further inland than they expected, and is pushing the storm further north + bringing us warmer temps.

We'll see how it pans out, should know alot more about this one tomorrow.