Blizzard of '07

im rick james

not to screw all of us over... but i'm kinda hoping it doesnt his us that hard because my girlfriend's flight comes in saturday afternoon... Noww if it decides to slow down and pound us after saturday afternoon or sunday, thats perfectly fine with me :-)

same dood. sis comes home saturday at noon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say it will all begin down here in Philly sometime after 1. I dunno what time your girls flight comes in, or what airport she is flying into. If it's Philly intl. They say the storm is suppose to hit anytime after 1. So it could get a little nasty by the time she comes in.

This storm was such a bust at Blue and in the A..about 1-2 inches of frozen sludge with a crust..how much did it snow farther north in the Poconos and North Jersey?

I live on the NJ/PA border. In NJ (at my house) we got about 3 inches of snow and 1 inch of crap. When I hit Shawnee yesterday morning at about 11 they got about 4 inches and fluffy powdery snow. My wife went last night and it may have been another 1inch of wetter snow.

Screw this, I'm going back to bed blue webcam looks like rain/sleet at best and accuweather is showing showers/wind till like noon in Palmerton, and Tannersville so that pretty much means this storm sucked bawlz once again. Glad I went on Friday, cause this would've REALLY sucked had I didn't.

I woke up around 11. It wasn't raining then, but it seems like it's drizzling now.

I'd been planning on doing a night session at Blue tonight...As long as it isn't raining up there I'm still down. Weather.com says snow up there for tonight...but what's happening up there right now?

In Allentown it's a steady rain now..it's 32 degrees..so it might still be freezing..but I'm guessing the 1:00PM temperature will be 33-35 degrees..good news is that cold air is starting to filter in from the north and west and it's already changed back to all snow in Williamsport and it will probably change over to snow at Blue between 2:00PM and 3:00PM..Winds are expected to pick up with gusts of 40-50mph..The drive up probably won't be as bad as the drive back when all the slushy slop on the roads refreezes..be careful..and be sure to post a TR..

I feel lika a major slacker for not skiing today..I'm on beer #4 right now and I'm ready for moreSFRB..to get a little more energy...I could have slept as late as I wanted today but I've been up since 5:00AM due to the pounding sleet pellets..oh well..my beer is getting warm..

Can you let me know how things are looking around 2pm, we're gonna make our decision to drive up then.

Sounds like you did the right thing. Call 911, don't move him and keep him warm.

May I suggest you contact the local Red Cross or AHA branch and take a First Aid / CPR / AED course. And talk to your boss about purchasing an AED for your workplace.

AED's SAVE LIVES

"AED" stand for Automated External Defibrillator . You have probably seen these units in shopping malls, airports etc.

If someone goes into sudden cardiac arrest, for every minute that goes by without defibrillation, their chance of survival drops 10%. The units are relatively inexpensive ($1,000 - $2,000) and are easy to use once you have the training.

The Red Cross "First Aid / CPR /AED for the Workplace" training class is a 7 hour class that gives you the basics.

Edited by Tom

Wow..see I'm nervous about administering first aid or moving the victem because if I do something wrong, I could get sued. The boss(my Dad)..picked up some strap-on crampons for icy days..Anyway the delivery driver is in the hospital getting Cat-Scans done. His wife is also in the hospital..a sheet of ice fell off a truck in front of her on Route 22 and smashed through her windshield while she was driving to the hospital to visit her husband. That combined with being DFT(Dead Fucking Tired) has me skipping out on the night session at Blue. Oh well, I'll ski tomorrow...it should be some sweet granuler.. :blink:

Well the good news is part of the course deals with being nervous about doing the wrong things and about being sued (not a problem due to Good Samaritan Laws)!

Get Trained! You might just be able to save a life one day. Push to get friends and co-workers trained. The life they may save might be yours!

Well the good news is part of the course deals with being nervous about doing the wrong things and about being sued (not a problem due to Good Samaritan Laws)!

Get Trained! You might just be able to save a life one day. Push to get friends and co-workers trained. The life they may save might be yours!

its true. i just got recertified a month or two ago. but i guess thats kinda a requirement for me, eh? i think it costs money to take the course but i'm not sure since my employer has always covered the costs and provided the training.

Exactly what tom said. If you get trained by the Red Cross and get a certification, you're covered by the Good Samaritan laws against getting sued if you administer first aid or CPR or other life saving services (as long as your cert covers your services).

I'm certified for the AEDand basic CPR. In all honesty, I feel that my training courses could have been more in depth for CPR (it was only 2 hours long), but having been certified a few times in the past in CPR, I feel a little better about it. We worked on the AED for about 30 minutes and I felt that was adequate...the devices pretty much walk you through it, you just have to be somewhat competent and understand what you're doing.