Blizzard of '07

im rick james

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Snap...Sniz-ap..there are two storms..one for Saturday into Sunday and one for Thursday...Thursday looks like mixed precip and maybe a couple slushy inches and Saturday into Sunday could be a big mo-fo Nor-easter..I can't wait to see what happens..I love following snowstorms..

heh, this was linked from the accuweather website, kinda cool

snow121107.png

I got all excited about the storm after that pic was posted and my wife who's sitting next to me is now bitching, how come you get all excited about a f'n snow storm. All you do is type on that damn computer to your gay ski friends. blah blah.... she can't just be happy because I'm happy...

I like this blurb...

5. Snow ratios from central PA into Maine will vary from 15:1 to 20:1 due to he very cold air coming into the storm

Wow that's 5-7 percent powder..not quite cold smoke but pretty freaking light... :wiggle

The best part about it is its only mid-december. 15:1 snow ratio in autumn? yes please.

for thursday: HERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE EXACT TRACK AND SPEED OF THIS SYSTEM. HOWEVER, THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO MOVE RELATIVELY QUICKLY. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 6 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WATCH AREA BY THURSDAY NIGHT. NEVERTHELESS, IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT A SLIGHTLY FASTER OR SLOWER SPEED OR A CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE BY EVEN 1 OR 2 DEGREES CAN GREATLY AFFECT ACCUMULATIONS. IF THE STORM MOVES FASTER, THEN LESS PRECIPITATION WILL FALL. IF TEMPS ARE WARMER, THERE COULD BE MORE SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN, WHICH, WHILE KEEPING SNOW ACCUMULATIONS DOWN, PRESENT PROBLEMS OF THEIR OWN.

heh, this was linked from the accuweather website, kinda cool

snow121107.png

That's henrys map. Don't trust it.

I got all excited about the storm after that pic was posted and my wife who's sitting next to me is now bitching, how come you get all excited about a f'n snow storm. All you do is type on that damn computer to your gay ski friends. blah blah.... she can't just be happy because I'm happy...

Gay?