Park Suggestions

Another Wall

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a nice 25-35 footer with a mellow lip would be perfect to spin on.

X3...nothing too big to learn new stuff on. The cascade jumps are a little too small (seem like step-ups too). Also, that urban single barrel rail in cascade would be sooo nice if Andy set it on more of a down slope with a higher ollie on to it.

X3...nothing too big to learn new stuff on. The cascade jumps are a little too small (seem like step-ups too). Also, that urban single barrel rail in cascade would be sooo nice if Andy set it on more of a down slope with a higher ollie on to it.

$$$

is it just me or are the jumps in cascade step up ish

Its not just you, i noticed that too...I feel like the kickers arent tall enough for the air/distance you wanna get. Seems like they just throw you straight out, and usually right to the knuckle if you spin them. That rail stall type thing in cascade would also be soo much fun if the rail was higher off the ground and if the lip had more vert to it, like the log jib that boulder had during the ROME jam in the plaza.

WOW thats all i have to say about most of the stuff at bear creek right now. and NO that is not a good wow. lets start from the top of black bear... the table top jump is retarded and is more of a quarter pipe then a jump. The rainbow and flat box are fine, the down rail is terrible, the lip needs to be cut down and the rail needs to be put in more steep. The little jump next to the anti jump is dumb all it is a little trianlge. The bleacher box is actually surprisingly very fun where it is located. The big stair set is fine, and also is the ledge. The flat single bar really pisses me off, i dont understand why bear still hasnt figured out to set that up DOWN. sliding a single flat round rail is the STUPIDEST thing EVER. The lip on the red flat rail looks like is was made by a retard, why the hell is it so far offcenter???? and last but not least the box would be fine if the lip was maintained at all and didnt have a rhythm section up to it. NOOOOWWWW for the fun part back up to the top and lets head down cascade... First jump has NOOOO pop, tree ride needs to be more of a quarter pipe up the the tree. Second jump is awful. The up flat rail baffles me...i dont know who the hell they were expecting to hit that but youd have to be retarded. The new battle ship seems ok, fairly good idea but you need a balls load of speed. The step up box is what it is, probably should just keep it the other way, the level of riding at bear creek isnt good enough to have it the step up way and people are just gonna bitch about it being that way. There stairs were buried but they were working on getting them out. The new bonk thing is F**KING retarded, all you guys did was take out the barrel and put that rail in, but that stupid b/c you set up the rail as if it was on top a quarter pipe. AND another flat single barrel rail to finish it off...go figure. NOW to the biggest WASTE of all. Would somebody please take that monstrous piece of CRAP in the tubing park and tear it down and build something thats actually hittable. NOBODY in their right minds is going to straight line that thing to hit a jump that has NO pop just to hit the knuckle going mach 5. Nobodys going to hit a jump like that unless its safe. Bear has some SERIOUSE jump building problems. Every one of the jumps in the park should be torn down and build over again properly especially that big one. The last jump in tubing was soooo good last year and this new one is just a monstrous pile of shit. It really makes me sad b/c bear has the potential to be soooooo good but it seems like they just dont have the knowledge or the know how or the initiative, or SOMETHING. All the pieces are there now they just need to be put together and we would have a sick park. I know people have said it over and over again but its the truth...go to Big Boulder and see how they build things..copy them, its not like lip building is trade marked, they do shit right. If bear did stuff exactly like boulder did this place would be going off. Ok now that ive said all that i actually did have a fun time at the CRIK tonight, ide jsut like to see some things change.....

WOW thats all i have to say about most of the stuff at bear creek right now. and NO that is not a good wow. lets start from the top of black bear... the table top jump is retarded and is more of a quarter pipe then a jump. The rainbow and flat box are fine, the down rail is terrible, the lip needs to be cut down and the rail needs to be put in more steep. The little jump next to the anti jump is dumb all it is a little trianlge. The bleacher box is actually surprisingly very fun where it is located. The big stair set is fine, and also is the ledge. The flat single bar really pisses me off, i dont understand why bear still hasnt figured out to set that up DOWN. sliding a single flat round rail is the STUPIDEST thing EVER. The lip on the red flat rail looks like is was made by a retard, why the hell is it so far offcenter???? and last but not least the box would be fine if the lip was maintained at all and didnt have a rhythm section up to it. NOOOOWWWW for the fun part back up to the top and lets head down cascade... First jump has NOOOO pop, tree ride needs to be more of a quarter pipe up the the tree. Second jump is awful. The up flat rail baffles me...i dont know who the hell they were expecting to hit that but youd have to be retarded. The new battle ship seems ok, fairly good idea but you need a balls load of speed. The step up box is what it is, probably should just keep it the other way, the level of riding at bear creek isnt good enough to have it the step up way and people are just gonna bitch about it being that way. There stairs were buried but they were working on getting them out. The new bonk thing is F**KING retarded, all you guys did was take out the barrel and put that rail in, but that stupid b/c you set up the rail as if it was on top a quarter pipe. AND another flat single barrel rail to finish it off...go figure. NOW to the biggest WASTE of all. Would somebody please take that monstrous piece of CRAP in the tubing park and tear it down and build something thats actually hittable. NOBODY in their right minds is going to straight line that thing to hit a jump that has NO pop just to hit the knuckle going mach 5. Nobodys going to hit a jump like that unless its safe. Bear has some SERIOUSE jump building problems. Every one of the jumps in the park should be torn down and build over again properly especially that big one. The last jump in tubing was soooo good last year and this new one is just a monstrous pile of shit. It really makes me sad b/c bear has the potential to be soooooo good but it seems like they just dont have the knowledge or the know how or the initiative, or SOMETHING. All the pieces are there now they just need to be put together and we would have a sick park. I know people have said it over and over again but its the truth...go to Big Boulder and see how they build things..copy them, its not like lip building is trade marked, they do shit right. If bear did stuff exactly like boulder did this place would be going off. Ok now that ive said all that i actually did have a fun time at the CRIK tonight, ide jsut like to see some things change.....

You are so gay for bigbouder(even though its amazing)

It could be better though, thats a great spot for a jump. The lip now really doesnt have a whole lot of pop. Bear just seems to make their lips with to much pop or none at all. They really need to find a middle...

WOW thats all i have to say about most of the stuff at bear creek right now. and NO that is not a good wow. lets start from the top of black bear... the table top jump is retarded and is more of a quarter pipe then a jump. The rainbow and flat box are fine, the down rail is terrible, the lip needs to be cut down and the rail needs to be put in more steep. The little jump next to the anti jump is dumb all it is a little trianlge. The bleacher box is actually surprisingly very fun where it is located. The big stair set is fine, and also is the ledge. The flat single bar really pisses me off, i dont understand why bear still hasnt figured out to set that up DOWN. sliding a single flat round rail is the STUPIDEST thing EVER. The lip on the red flat rail looks like is was made by a retard, why the hell is it so far offcenter???? and last but not least the box would be fine if the lip was maintained at all and didnt have a rhythm section up to it. NOOOOWWWW for the fun part back up to the top and lets head down cascade... First jump has NOOOO pop, tree ride needs to be more of a quarter pipe up the the tree. Second jump is awful. The up flat rail baffles me...i dont know who the hell they were expecting to hit that but youd have to be retarded. The new battle ship seems ok, fairly good idea but you need a balls load of speed. The step up box is what it is, probably should just keep it the other way, the level of riding at bear creek isnt good enough to have it the step up way and people are just gonna bitch about it being that way. There stairs were buried but they were working on getting them out. The new bonk thing is F**KING retarded, all you guys did was take out the barrel and put that rail in, but that stupid b/c you set up the rail as if it was on top a quarter pipe. AND another flat single barrel rail to finish it off...go figure. NOW to the biggest WASTE of all. Would somebody please take that monstrous piece of CRAP in the tubing park and tear it down and build "something thats actually hittable. NOBODY in their right minds is going to straight line that thing to hit a jump that has NO pop just to hit the knuckle going mach 5. Nobodys going to hit a jump like that unless its safe. Bear has some SERIOUSE jump building problems. Every one of the jumps in the park should be torn down and build over again properly especially that big one. The last jump in tubing was soooo good last year and this new one is just a monstrous pile of shit. It really makes me sad b/c bear has the potential to be soooooo good but it seems like they just dont have the knowledge or the know how or the initiative, or SOMETHING. All the pieces are there now they just need to be put together and we would have a sick park. I know people have said it over and over again but its the truth...go to Big Boulder and see how they build things..copy them, its not like lip building is trade marked, they do shit right. If bear did stuff exactly like boulder did this place would be going off. Ok now that ive said all that i actually did have a fun time at the CRIK tonight, ide jsut like to see some things change.....
b

Ok, lets start at the top

Personally I'm not a fan of the uber easy ride on rainbow. It's a temporary. The down rail was cut down a lot but some snow was made... sorry. The flat single bar is nice actually. It was set up on a down slope before and hardly anyone hit it. Figured we'd mix it up a 'lil...sorry again?

"why the hell is it so far offcenter????" - Fresh powdery snow doesn't pack well in 10 degree weather. Noobs riding off the side doesn't help either.

"tree ride needs to be more of a quarter pipe up the the tree" - Could it be more of a quarter pipe? Yup. Can you still bonk 10 ft. up? Yup. I sawz it with my own eyeballs tonight. (0)(0)

"Second jump is awful." - Most likely being rebuilt tomorrow.

"The up flat rail baffles me...i dont know who the hell they were expecting to hit" - People with madd skillz yo! Cacade = Expert Park

"The step up box is what it is, probably should just keep it the other way, the level of riding at bear creek isnt good enough to have it the step up way and people are just gonna bitch about it being that way." - So you're against progression? People asked for it so it was done. I'd rather tell people to step their game up than turn it right back around. I'm sure it will be back to a step down sometime this season.

"all you guys did was take out the barrel and put that rail in, but that stupid b/c you set up the rail as if it was on top a quarter pipe." - Actually that pile was pushed up the trail and then the rail was placed in. And yes, it is set up as if it was on top of a 1/4 pipe...but it isn't. It's something different. Sorry. I along with numerous other people had fun on it so far.

"another flat single barrel rail to finish it off." - Didn't have enough snow in the area to set it up as a down rail like it will be Thursday night after close... Would you rather have nothing there for the time being?

"NOBODY in their right minds is going to straight line that thing to hit a jump that has NO pop just to hit the knuckle going mach 5." - That's funny, I could have sworn I've seen dozens of people hit it at mach 4 no problem and do some insane/crazy/maddsteezy/illnasty maneuvers over that sick feature.

Chillz yo!

F.Y.I. to all - Cascades new build is only about half done.

i like it i think it is a little harder but it is alot of funn that up flat gap down is really funn but would probly be more funn if the gap to the down was bigger and the set-up had a really weird lip when i hit it but it was till funn

bear is doing some nice stuff the only thing i sugest is that bear puts a flow urban... like 2 years in the half pipe when it didn't even have a lip and what lip it did have was built was on the side of the flow

Their lips are so different because different people build them and the management makes some calls on that stuff, like that table on black bear that had a good lip at first but then two people got hurt so management called out they needed to cut the lip and make it smaller so it was harder to get hurt on so it's not totally park crews fault on some things and also the reason you're seeing or not seeing things set up in certain ways in the parks; I mean I really think we could have better set ups in both black bear and cascade if they implemented a park pass system, because I'm guessing the people who got hurt on black bear had little to no idea what their doing; not to mention I had a very unpleasant run in with a very rude dad and his very little kid on the cascade jump line over the weekend.

So I guess my only real suggestion is to police your parks better keep these people out and make it known if you're rude inconsiderate or just not following park rules you either get booted from the park or your pass pulled because this dad basically tried to start a fight with my friend when we asked him very politely mind you if he could not stand in the landings of jumps because it wasn't safe and if his little girl would mind not riding over the lips so they didn't lose pop so no one got hurt riding the jump line.

Oh one other suggestion I saw earlier high rails aren't always awesome I rode the flat down when it was like a foot if not less off the ground SO fun it helped to get over my issue with gapping to FS board and gap 270 to tail slide.

Edited by GNU_rider