Park Suggestions

Another Wall

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bears park has a ton of potential...i think that they need to take out the new set up of the big batteship box and the up rail and make that into a nice jump. then add one more after that, that would flow right into the tubing park. add another jump in the tubing park where they was always the first jump, and then maybe make the last one a little smaller so you could hit both. that would be a nice ass jump line...you could have 6 nice jumps in a nice flow. then on the otherside of the trail make it a rail line. you even have room to set up two next to each other kinda like the last two at the bottom by the quad(the red rail and the flow box)...in black bear we need to actaully see some nice jumps like in previous years, a nice set of three jumps with mult lips...thats another thing that i think they should do in cascade and tubing have two lips for one landing, or maybe even three... it will give people more options. we have the snow so thats no excuse. and i agree, that first jump in blackbear was fun for the first like 3 runs, but then it got old, its a quarter pipe, not a jump...and i know thats what they are trying to do because park crue was fixing it when i was there and they made it even steeper than before...why not make that gaint quater pipe at the bottom by the quad like in previous years??? but on the good note i do like the bleacher set up, dc stair, and the anti jump...im not gonna say anything on lips becuase i know it is very hard to maintain when they are able to make all this snow at night, ill take the bad lips and higher lips for a week while they are able to make all this snow...you need to take the good with the bad

b

Ok, lets start at the top

Personally I'm not a fan of the uber easy ride on rainbow. It's a temporary. The down rail was cut down a lot but some snow was made... sorry. The flat single bar is nice actually. It was set up on a down slope before and hardly anyone hit it. Figured we'd mix it up a 'lil...sorry again?

"why the hell is it so far offcenter????" - Fresh powdery snow doesn't pack well in 10 degree weather. Noobs riding off the side doesn't help either.

"tree ride needs to be more of a quarter pipe up the the tree" - Could it be more of a quarter pipe? Yup. Can you still bonk 10 ft. up? Yup. I sawz it with my own eyeballs tonight. (0)(0)

"Second jump is awful." - Most likely being rebuilt tomorrow.

"The up flat rail baffles me...i dont know who the hell they were expecting to hit" - People with madd skillz yo! Cacade = Expert Park

"The step up box is what it is, probably should just keep it the other way, the level of riding at bear creek isnt good enough to have it the step up way and people are just gonna bitch about it being that way." - So you're against progression? People asked for it so it was done. I'd rather tell people to step their game up than turn it right back around. I'm sure it will be back to a step down sometime this season.

"all you guys did was take out the barrel and put that rail in, but that stupid b/c you set up the rail as if it was on top a quarter pipe." - Actually that pile was pushed up the trail and then the rail was placed in. And yes, it is set up as if it was on top of a 1/4 pipe...but it isn't. It's something different. Sorry. I along with numerous other people had fun on it so far.

"another flat single barrel rail to finish it off." - Didn't have enough snow in the area to set it up as a down rail like it will be Thursday night after close... Would you rather have nothing there for the time being?

"NOBODY in their right minds is going to straight line that thing to hit a jump that has NO pop just to hit the knuckle going mach 5." - That's funny, I could have sworn I've seen dozens of people hit it at mach 4 no problem and do some insane/crazy/maddsteezy/illnasty maneuvers over that sick feature.

Chillz yo!

F.Y.I. to all - Cascades new build is only about half done.

I'm not busting on you guys, im trying to help you out and give you my perspective on things, if you don't agree then that fine. Theres still a couple things wrong with the stuff you said. The single barrel flat rail at the bottom, nobody hit it when it was set up down because the lip was so god damn retarded. I personally don't think thats any excuse for having the lip to the flat red rail so off center, all that lip is is an excuse for newbs to RIDE off the left side. and i understand the long up rail is for people with "mad skillz" but i would bet you a GREAT deal of money saying that rail gets little to no action. This aint whistler or bear mtn or anything like that, no ones gonna hit that shit here. im still gonna have to go with my position that the new rail thing that was put in place of the barrel bonk is stupid and i know alot of people that would agree with me. I understand the point about the long single barrel, but if your not gonna set it up right, don't put it in just to put something there....if you need something to put there, put something that doesnt have as many consequences and istn as hard. duhhhh. don't put rails in just to have rails, thats just stupid. AND as for the big jump, i ride with some of the better people at bear creek, not getting cocky or anything im just saying, these are kids that arent scared to hit and spin jumps that size, and they wont hit it. and do you know why??? because they say its not safe. Now when you have kids like that saying that they wont hit a jump because they dont feel safe hitting it...i think theres something wrong. Maybe its ok for skiers, i don't know how different it is hitting a jump like that on ski's but i was there the first day it was built and watched person after person just knuckle it and die. All im saying is it needs more pop, it has barely any right now. And with a jump that size you need to have the perfect amount of pop/distance in order for it to be good and safe. I'm not sure what type of training or qualifications you need to have to be on park crew but when there is people saying that they dont feel safe riding something that park crew built then theres a problem.....Like ive said many times before. Im not trying to tear anyone down, when i see park crew and they ask me what i think on the mtn i dont belittle anyone or anything, i tell them my honest opinion about how they can make things better and thats all im trying to do here...

Im pretty sure i don't take snowboarding seriously...at all. If you ever road with me you would know that instead of just saying things like that on a message board, thats the only reason I snowboard is because i have fun doing it. I just know bear could be alot better then it is right now and if you people dont care about that then just dont worry about what i have to say...

Im pretty sure i don't take snowboarding seriously...at all. If you ever road with me you would know that instead of just saying things like that on a message board, thats the only reason I snowboard is because i have fun doing it. I just know bear could be alot better then it is right now and if you people dont care about that then just dont worry about what i have to say...

Haha you must take it to seriously if you thought i was talking to you haha

and ians gay, are we going tomorrow?

Edited by Diamond

anyone know what jib they will be using tomorrow night for the second jam at the creek thing?

??420 box?? its in the base area... and how do you guys here about the jam at the creek things? i never hear about them till the day they happen.

I don't think I have ever said anything bad about Bear but I really don't like the two lower (not the anti-jump) hits in Black Bear, the ramps are way to quick with the vert. You get so much flex on the front of the skis because it goes from flat to 60 degrees in two feet of travel.

I don't know what happened in previous years the booters and tables were really good, even now the ones in cascade are good and the half pipe hit was $$$$. I don't know why they were built like that but mellow it out the vert come on too fast.

Overall the new set up is looking pretty good. The new big jumps in tubing park are pretty nice and have a good amount of kick/pop. Black bear seems pretty good, some of the lips were a little weird, didn't really understand the point of them but i think they were fixed later in the day. The long down handrail got fixed, its pretty nice now. I like the new barrel bonk up top, its pretty fun and i was told a tire is going in there for tomorrow so that should be pretty fun. All in all a pretty fun day and a nice set up from park crew....

the park is really nice but most lips seemed really screwed up

but that dam 420butter box is so high off the ground when will bear's tp crew understand that butter boxes shouldn't be really high off the ground

how i see it a box is to learn on and having it 5 ft off the ground and a 8-10 ft drop to landing is mad homo

the mini park(family park) is fuckin sick!!!!! a flow rail about 4 inches off the ground...the really flat box...2 kickers...the short shotgun rail....and the little flat down

yeah it is@!! i was disastering that flat down and the first time i did it i didnt even touch the box .