Closing due to weather

skifreak

Just went on the Camelback website to check something out and came across this on the homepage:

Camelback will close today at 5pm due to weather conditions. Snowtubing will close at 3pm due to weather conditions. Camelback will be open 8am to 5pm on Christmas Eve and 12:30 to 5pm on Christmas Day. Happy Holidays!

And you can't play golf in lightning storms either but no one ever cancels a tourney round because a "chance" of a storm. Open the mountains and close if you need to when the lighting shows up. Did anyone in the tannersville area see lightning today? I didn't see anything here by sno.

If substantial lightning showed up at 5:01 I would say it was justified, otherwise no way. What if the storms stayed off until 8 or 9 or 10?

Cant run the lifts in lightning...well, you can, but, it's really stupid.

so what is called to be running up and down the hill in one of those metal things with tracks and some type of cutter at 9:30pm in a ditch on Laurel Glade, Smart? :confused

I understand cost cutting closures cause there is no one on the slopes but I am soooooo confused on why you guys leave the lights on. <_<

so what is called to be running up and down the hill in one of those metal things with tracks and some type of cutter at 9:30pm in a ditch on Laurel Glade, Smart? :confused

To be fair vehicles are supposed to be super safe in electrical storms. Not because the rubber tires but because the tendency for the charge to move from the frame rather than through the cabin.

Please, all of you, don't for get to stop by the Sno forum and leave similar comments. Camelback's decision to close early last night can't be the only one worth a scrutiny.

Don't act like a bitch just for the sake of acting like a bitch. What the f*ck did Sno---or anyone at Sno---ever do to you?

I was up on top of Camelback last year when we got hit by a freak snowstorm with heavy lightning and thunder. It was pretty scary and luckily no one got hurt. I wish I had a video camera to show how hard it was snowing and all the lightning around at the time. Must have been 8" to 12" in 45 minutes and then the storm cleared out and the stars were out before I went home.

Was pretty nuts.

Gee you probably ask Tele Ben about it I think he was there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow

During a thundersnow event in late March 1997, lightning struck the main ski lift at the Angelfire Resort in Angelfire, New Mexico after closing time. This caused no injuries, but damaged the only lift providing access to and from the operating part of the mountain.

Camelback thread on AlpineZone for your skiing enjoyment about their awesome Rangers and ski patrollers...lol

http://forums.alpinezone.com/21814-patrol-camelback.html

Something I do at Camelback that makes things uh..... not sure what you call it. I seek out the Rangers to ride up with on the lift and talk thier ear off about ski off trails, jumping, going inverted, and Boulders Park scene. I think Nips was horrified how I kept pointing to him how they need to watch out for kids like him. Joking of course. It seems to work. Patronize them a bit?

I think most of the Rangers can tell when you are in control. They have never bothered me or Steven

A wee bit sensitive there, aren't ya? Relax. . . . and maybe take your own advice re CB.

Pfftttt...you must have gone to some of his parties that he invited all the "babes" to come and party all night with. It's nice that he has friends to hang with now that your MB is gone...