SkierCross

mbike-ski

i most likely will be doing it. gotta defend my title after all... the looks i got when i showed up for skiercross on a pair of seths were priceless, and well worth the price of entry for sure

So, Justo, you've earned the title of expert on this: what sort of skier, in your opinion, is best suited to win a skierx...park skier, racer, great all-around skier, or is it just about the hole shot and holding the position?

A lot of it is about getting the hole-shot and defending it, but sometimes the competition is so fierce up front that there is a big crash and the guy in 3rd or last comes in first. The people who win vary from year to year. Last year or the year before there were these two heavy accent Euro guys who showed up on Fischer race skis and went balls out and were trying to do insane gaps over the features. It was just plain dangerous, and I think all they got for their efforts was a pair of poles. They haven't been around the last two though. Its been a mix of park skiers and people on race boards over the years. If I do it I'll do it on my RX8's.

Sounds like a Chinese Downhill to me.

It's def a controlled version of a CD...I've skied a skierx course at Beaver Creek, but not with anyone else on it and it was rutted out from the day's comp. It just seemed to have so much potential, but it didn't catch on in the US. A great skierx course just seems like it demands the best all around type skier.

Casey Puckett is my neighbor in Snowmass, CO and he just destroys all comers in skiercross. Of course he lost the last race on TV but other than that he is consistently the Jeep King of the Mountain or x-games gold medal winner.

He's won the last 10 out of 12 events he's entered...in 81 World Cup starts since 1981, he never finished on the podium...he really found a home in skiercross.

Yup, but he better look out for Daron Rahlves. Daron recently finished 2nd at Telluride and Casey didn't even podium.

After all Rahlves has been through, I just can't picture skierx being for him. Kind of like a Hollywood actor who's won an Academy Award taking a small part on a sitcom. But with all the money he's made, it goes to show that he's doing it for the love of the competition, which is cool. I saw his first ever skierx last year and he crashed in the first turn. I believe Puckett won, or maybe Crist.

• 2 weeks later...