Bode News

Ski

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His tech probably just got lucky and picked the right kind of wax for protective fencing.

Make all the stupid comments you want, DH, but speed event racing is about the quality of your bases and hitting the right wax. The difference between Hermann Maier's bases at the peak of his career and another Austrian on his team could easily be over two seconds. The number one "driver" gets the fastest skis. For years, the Austrians got the best quality skis from Atomic, which gave them a heavy advantage. There was constant bickering between countries, inside teams, and among sponsored athletes from like companies about who deserved the fastest skis.

On top of that, many speed event races are won and lost by the wax used. Wax is amazingly crucial nd can easily mean several seconds difference in a race.

These two factors easily add up to two to four seconds and beyond in races that are often decided by tenths of a second.

So, you can be a wiseass, or you can learn something.

Results became so predictable in SuperG that they had to do a reverse 30, having the fastest skiers with the best equipment go last in the first flight. In other words, they had to 'punish' the racers with the fastest gear with more difficult start numbers.

so how about Bode jibbing that fence and still placing the way he did?

I kinda liked it. I kinda like Bode if you must know. I'm no expert when it comes to racing but if nothing more Bode (OK and this post) gets me interested in a sport that I normally wouldn't care to watch. And who doesn't love a car wreck? Hello Britney Spears?!! Oh, and he is looking pretty cute now that he's lost the majority of the beer belly he was sporting. That doesn't hurt.

Make all the stupid comments you want, DH, but speed event racing is about the quality of your bases and hitting the right wax. The difference between Hermann Maier's bases at the peak of his career and another Austrian on his team could easily be over two seconds. The number one "driver" gets the fastest skis. For years, the Austrians got the best quality skis from Atomic, which gave them a heavy advantage. There was constant bickering between countries, inside teams, and among sponsored athletes from like companies about who deserved the fastest skis.

On top of that, many speed event races are won and lost by the wax used. Wax is amazingly crucial nd can easily mean several seconds difference in a race.

These two factors easily add up to two to four seconds and beyond in races that are often decided by tenths of a second.

So, you can be a wiseass, or you can learn something.

Results became so predictable in SuperG that they had to do a reverse 30, having the fastest skiers with the best equipment go last in the first flight. In other words, they had to 'punish' the racers with the fastest gear with more difficult start numbers.

It was a joke.

And yet it just doesn't sound interesting enough.

I find it a little strange that you wouldn't be interested in the fact that a racer literally rode both skis on a protective fence and still managed to pull it together to finish second in the race but then again you never really cease to amaze.

I don't have posters of anyone from the cop killing hillbilly clan either.

oh come on.. that's almost uhhh....... what? hatfield and mccoy'ish? - I thought you were a teensy bit more refined than to hold backwood grudges that don't even really affect you. you aren't for real about that, you are just grasping..

Edited by Papasteeze

oh come on.. that's almost uhhh....... what? hatfield and mccoy'ish? - I thought you were a teensy bit more refined than to hold backwood grudges that don't even really affect you. you aren't for real about that, you are just grasping..

Murdering a cop in cold blood is trivial to you? Bode encouraged his cousin, even bailed him out and told him to "show the bastard". Bode himself gave the cop a hard time.

You're an idiot, Rob. A little girl lost her dad to those scumbags.

Bode made his cousin shoot the cop. I'm sure it's all Bode's fault! He probably had a beer with his cousin at some point. OR maybe it's the guns fault. The wax and the base on Bode's ski is why he wins.............it has nothing to do with his talent. And that fence ride to place second was nothing out of the ordinary.

Ski, I'm starting to think you don't have a single rational thought. Is your helmet a little too tight or what?

:ph34r:

Edited by First Grade Teacher

I also cannot imagine why my daughter should tell her boss (??? what boss?) to fuck off. And she is "grown up". WHAT ARE YOU ON?

My mistake! That fuck off comment wasn't directed at your daughter. Ski has made comments about Bode being a bad role model and teaching kids to tell thier boss to fuck off. That is what I was getting at.

Ski.............I won't bring up your daughter again. I should have worded it that "maybe people should tell their children to tell their boss to fuck off". Remember.......I was kidding and would never sugest that to my kids.

Bode made his cousin shoot the cop. I'm sure it's all Bode's fault! He probably had a beer with his cousin at some point. OR maybe it's the guns fault. The wax and the base on Bode's ski is why he wins.............it has nothing to do with his talent. And that fence ride to place second was nothing out of the ordinary.

Ski, I'm starting to think you don't have a single rational thought. Is your helmet a little too tight or what?

Not to pile on but I have to agree with you on this, good people sometimes have not so great family members. Ski even you would have to admit that even as a parent you never really have 100 percent control over what your kids do, this was Bode's cousin so his interaction could have been somewhat negliable.

Bode is an incredible talent, wax or no wax he still has an incredible set of abilities that very very very few others posess

Bode encouraged a mentally unstable family member who had already been convicted of assaulting the same cop to continue to confront him. Bode felt it was the cool thing to do and called the cop names while he was in town to bail his cousin out of jail. Bode himself joked in a Sports Illustrated article that he fought a speeding ticket (83mph in a 40) written by the same cop just to "antagonize him". Bode also told a Nashua reporter that the cop had it coming. Bode's mother told another reporter that they should have "run the cop out of town".

Again, Bode encouraged a kid who had once cut a tree down to land on another relatives home to keep confronting the cop. Bode's cousin looked up to Bode---Bode was a hero to him and would have backed off if Bode had told him to. Instead, he got his hands on a handgun and committed murder.

Piling on? I don't see it that way. Anyone is more than welcome to root for a guy who encouraged a scumbag to kill a little girl's father for doing his job and trying to keep the peace. Not only did Bode's cousin shoot the cop to death, he then drove over the body.

And I agree that a lot of people have dirtbags in their families. Dirtbags like Bode, his cousin, his father, and his mother. Not a single one of them has shown any sympathy or remorse for the family they destroyed.

No, Bode didn't pull the trigger. He just gave the mentally unstable kid who worshipped him opportunity and encouragement to do what he did.

And my helmet's too tight?

Ski.............I won't bring up.....

I appreciate that...

you know all those details about Bode as if they are memorized and yet you don't bother watching his racing runs? yeah. your ski racing helmet is certainly very misplaced. IMO of course... :rolleyes:

I watched the race. I didn't bother to click your link. The world does not revolve around you.