BB's real opening day?

julz m

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked JFBB for a definite open date and got an email back that said

WATCH JFBB.com web site for opening date.

Yea..Like we weren't all already doing that.

Hammer them with requests and see if they do make an official open date on the web site

instead of letting us all hang in suspense.

http://www.jfbb.com/contact

One thing to note. The JFBB job fair is NOVEMBER 15th so they probably are not staffed up yet

to really open.

From JFBB web site:

The majority of our winter hiring is done at the Annual Job Fair. All department managers will be available to hold interviews and make job offers during the job fair. This is the best opportunity for applicants to get hired at JFBB so mark your calendars!

Job Fair

Saturday, November 15

10am until 4pm

Jack Frost Summit Lodge

They can possibly open before the job fair if the weather co-op's. If you think about it, only one run will most likely be open which means only 1 chair and idk if the lodge was open when they had the pre-season thinger. So yeah they dont need many people untill they have multiple runs open and the lodge/cafeteria.

Are they going to be open tomorrow?

I heard they were hoping to get something going within the next three weeks.. Who knows.

Who knows is exactly that. All bets are speculation.

I can gaurentee you this - the first window of snowmaking weather they will be making snow.

Peak is about open early/stay open late, especially at JFBB and Mount Snow to make up for their relatively small size compared to their close competitors.

Even before Peak, Thanksgiving often was the first weekend mountains in PA were making snow. There is no weather window between now and Nov 15th assuming the forecasts are close - which they usually seem to err on the side of being too optimistic for snow making rather than underestimating it - so the first window for anyone may be around Nov 20th. At that point I think you will see other mountains get in on the action, and JFBB will have no choice but to go all out.

The good news is that they can open swiftly and really lay down a solid base in a short amount of time. So I think guess the real question is "When will the weather get cold enough". I think it takes 2 cold nights to open Freedom, they didn't seem to have more than that last year. When I see highs in the low 30s, lows in the bottom 20s for 2 days in a row, I'm going to say they will be opening. Highs in the low 40s/high 30s and lows in the upper 20s just doesn't give them a long enough snowmaking window unless it is exceptionally clear, dry, and not that windy such that temperatures will cool fast. And I only see a handful of days that fit that description in the next two weeks.

Lol are you serious about that date?

Yes the source is a high level manager in the BB operations crew. He oversees lift, snowmaking, and grooming operations. You guys better get your gear tuned, because come Nov. 11th, we will be sliding some PA slopes.

Nov 11th is a strange day for an opening.. because it's a Tuesday...

I'd think they'd do it on the 15th if they were actually shooting for that weekend...

but as we ALL know... they'll open when the weather allows them to...

nothing for nothing... I'd be there if they opened on a Tuesday.... or a Sat.. but I got an event on the 15th so I'm out for that day..

Group discount?

How many of you guys buy lift tickets instead of season passes?

How many lift tickets do you have to buy to get a discount?

i have a blue season pass and will most likely get a whiteface season pass too

bb requires 15 people for group rates