BB's real opening day?

julz m

worse... it was fuggin 70 today... this shit blows.

Eh, you have to look at it this way. We all know that until there is a PROLONGED cold snap no one is going to make snow. While it may be a bit of a treat to get a rail jam or something like that, right now i.e. this week and next week are not realistic skiing weeks in Pennsylvania. I know for a fact that Tussey will not open any time before next semester and I enjoyed today by going for a nice hike in shorts. Its going to get skiing cold soon enough, being in the 40s or high 30s isn't helping anything so it might as well be 70 :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, you have to look at it this way. We all know that until there is a PROLONGED cold snap no one is going to make snow. While it may be a bit of a treat to get a rail jam or something like that, right now i.e. this week and next week are not realistic skiing weeks in Pennsylvania. I know for a fact that Tussey will not open any time before next semester and I enjoyed today by going for a nice hike in shorts. Its going to get skiing cold soon enough, being in the 40s or high 30s isn't helping anything so it might as well be 70

No.

Edited by lumilautailija

I think Thanksgiving for Boulder and early December for everything else is realistic on a year in year out basis. Boulder can definately open Freedom faster than any other mountain due to its low vert and concentration of big guns, plus their little microclimate. Last year might have been a fluke, but if you look back they really didn't get any more open until Thanksgiving weekend anyway. The pictures I posted in the other thread of them making on the rest of the mountain were November 27th, I think by that time it was Freedom and one of the little trails next to it.

yea i think it will be late november-early december. you have to think that last year was incredible how early they opened. its not like other things such as rails and stuff that you can keep making better and uping the ante. its entirely weather dependent. it would be awesome if they opened during thanks giving cuz there is a break then.

yea i think it will be late november-early december. you have to think that last year was incredible how early they opened. its not like other things such as rails and stuff that you can keep making better and uping the ante. its entirely weather dependent. it would be awesome if they opened during thanks giving cuz there is a break then.

word.

Low of 23 tonight and 25 tomorrow night, but then warm up for the next few days after that, who knows...will they test the polecats tonight? Only takes 2 nights for them to get something together, although they probably wouldn't be able to start blowin till after 11pm. It don't matter if they open or not, i just wanna see them get SOMETHING on the ground.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if this is an accuweather forecast it is probably way too optimistic... I have been looking at weather forecasts for the Killington and Sunday River areas because I plan on making a pre t-day trip after the Lehigh Lafayette game, and while temps look good for the next 3 nights, there will be a 3 day warmup... They say the jet stream should drop by the end of the week, so we should have some legit temps by next Monday...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if this is an accuweather forecast it is probably way too optimistic... I have been looking at weather forecasts for the Killington and Sunday River areas because I plan on making a pre t-day trip after the Lehigh Lafayette game, and while temps look good for the next 3 nights, there will be a 3 day warmup... They say the jet stream should drop by the end of the week, so we should have some legit temps by next Monday...

Yea I'm a bit confused. NOAA's 10 day outlook is 10 degrees warmer.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind between 5 and 8 mph.

Veterans Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Light north wind.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind.

Wednesday Night: A chance of rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thursday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Sunday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.

its november 10th they prolly cant even predict the 17 accurately and im positive they cant predict the 24 accurately

Yea I just realized that the monday your forecast starts with is NEXT monday not this one. You know those models are basically a trend from today to a weighted average right? Lets look and see what it says next weekend and i"ll be excited. What is for sure is that I will be hiking again this weekend and not skiing.