Snowaking Update

BC-Mark

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just so you guys know, the site hasnt "officially" been launched. I dunno why its linked from the terrain park thing. When it actually launches i believe the url will be www.bcironworks.com, but i could be wrong. Plus there is still some stuff that needs to be put on the site, but its still a good sneak peak.

We had great production night last night and will be making snow straight through until Tuesday morning!

Opening should be nice tomorrow with Kodiak and Cascade as definites. There will be some features on Cascade and the jump line will stay. Black Bear, if it is open, will likely be groomed flat until we get a bit more snow on it.

I know everyone is eager to get on the lift, but remember we are opening at 10am tomorrow instead of the normal weekend opening of 8:30am so you have a bit more time to sleep in while we get ready.

Tickets will be $25, off-peak, 6-Session and unlimited passes will be valid all day.

Private lessons will be available for intermediate or above skiers and riders.

Rentals are available at regular rates.

post-791-1228581491_thumb.jpg

Why are you opening at 10am and not the normal time?

My guess is that there is still alot of stuff that needs to be done, grooming and building wise. Were building the park tonight and then everything also needs to be groomed out and stuff. PLUS we cn only start building after the hike park closes b/c those rails need to be torn out and taken up the hill.

Nick is exactly right. We wanted a few extra hours to pound the slopes before we had to pull the wheel guns and we will need some time to push everything out and get the park set-up.

As for opening the other trails, Brad is fairly optimistic about having some trails off of E and F lifts by next weekend.

Through the night we were running 2 to 3 rings on most of the guns. Tonight should be 1 to 2 rings and tomorrow night we should be 3 to 4 on most guns if the forecast is correct.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The people who deserve them the most are out there making the snow, getting the trails groomed and ready, building the parks, taking care of the lifts and getting the lodge and clean and the computer systems ready for everyone.

It looked like a lot of people out there today because there were. It was our biggest Instructor Training Clinic ever. We had 130 people in the program competing to get a slot on the Snow Sports School team. We do our hiring out of the clinic so only the trainers are in Bear Creek uniforms.

See everyone tomorrow!

Edited by BC-Mark

yeh there is alot of snow in some areas but surprisly not as much in others...i was doing the instructor training today so i got the first chair hah but black bear has a deacent amount of snow in some areas but others not so much...i think that there gonna just keep it closed and pound it with snow...but cascade looked like it had pretty much snow on it so i would expect to see some deacent features on it...andy wont let us down!

We will be opening with Kodiak, Black Bear and Cascade. Coverage is going to be good in most places but there are still some thin spots out there. We were a bit disappointed with snowmaking last night and ended up shutting down around 10:30pm due to spiking humidity. We were making a mess and decided it was better to stop and work on getting things ready for opening.

We anticipate starting up the guns again around 4pm or 5pm today, running straight through tomorrow and tomorrow night. Tuesday and Wednesday nights look like they are going to be too warm but back to the cold temps for Thursday through Saturday.

post-791-1228656863_thumb.jpg

Just talked to Andy to get the setup for today and here it is:

Cascade:

30' Box

Flat-Down-Flat

Candy Cane

Up rail

Small Staircase

Rainbow box

Corrugated Pipe

Super Man C-Box

Black Bear:

Small Table Top

A-Frame

Bleacher Box

As anticipated, we had a great night of snowmaking last night and should get great production through the day today and most of the night tonight. It looks like we will have an early shutdown due to a warm front moving in with some freezing drizzle around 3am on Tuesday.

It looks like we will have to weather some rain on Wednesday but Thursday through Sunday morning looks like non-stop snowmaking. If that holds true, we should be able open up most, if not all, of the mountain by next weekend!

Brad and his team along with Dustin have done an awesome job getting the slope covered.

post-791-1228747508_thumb.jpg