08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but there the shitty air ones like blue...bears park could be just as good as brecks...its all about the park builder

wrong, wrong, and wrong. traditional t/y guns make just as good snow as fan guns do given the right conditions and settings. when it's cold and dry out, those 'shitty' guns make just as good of snow as fan guns, fan guns just put out more snow. bear's park really couldn't be as good as brecks; there's not much pitch to sustain any really large jumps. it's not all about the park builder. andy's super capable of making great features, but given that bear is located in southeastern PA, it really doesn't have the weather working on its side. case in point is big boulder vs. bear. the mountains are about the same size and both primarily use fan guns, and both have talented park staff, but boulder just gets better weather and has more pitch to allow for bigger features.

saying bear can be better than Breckenridge is such b/s. And justo pretty much summed up what i was going to say. And there is no way that you can compare andy (no offense) to the parkcrew manager at Breckenridge who has won park of the year multiple times by tw snow, that dude has soo much more experience. I think the only way bear could ever be compared to breckenridges park justfully, is if bear made their entire mountain a park.

you hit a jump thats take off was 50 feet high? yea ill pass

oh and if i head up on saturday and that tree bonk is still not setup right, im going to steal a shovel and do it myself.

Have fun spending 2 hours out of your day man. that thing is complete ice. it needs to be torn down and rebuilt with the groomer.

okkkkk.....1. yeah im on park crew but like i said it needs to be rebuilt with the groomer and unfortunately i dont really have one of those so i guess I cant really personally help you out there. 2. Be my guest and take a shovel, and while your at it just hand your pass over to ski patrol so they dont have to bother chasing you down to take your pass from you. 3. That tree bonk is near impossible to keep nice. Even if andy or tom or bob took the time to make it nice 3000 people an hour would just ride up it and mash the lip so until people learn how to ride features right or we find a way to get rid of all the weekend noobs....Just man up and lumber jack it, Its more fun anyway.

Edited by nick

all of brecks parks are not steep at all...prob very close to bears...which is why i said the one mound of snow for the jump was like 50ft tall...but you all contradict yourselves when saying that a park is not all about the park builder...if that was true then why would you say that andy doesnt have has much experience...he doesnt...hence why bears park isnt as good...dont get me wrong andy does a good job with the park but there are always room for improvments and i start mentioning stuff and everyone is on my ass...just trying to bring back some good ideas from such a nice park and you all freak out

Here's my point you can tell andy or whoever about the tree problem so they can push up snow to it.

You also are hired if I'm correct, to fix and maintain park features and you get paid to do that. So I don't understand

Why you believe it's a huge deal for you to do something. And cascade doesn't get as many beginners as it used

To and I don't see how they could demolish a qp that easily.

If no ones going to do anything about that or the stupid cliff drop then why don't you guys just

Remove both of them in the summer.