USASA Boardercross Competition at Bear Creek January 31, 2009

TT C6

What: USASA Boardercross Competition at Bear Creek

When: January 31, 2009

Put your skills to the test in two boardercross competitions in one day at Bear Creek. As a competitor, you will get a discount lift ticket (usually in the $25 range) for the day.

The Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series is part of the USASA national competition. From the Mid-Atlantic site (snowboardseries.com):

USASA is offering a FREE one day ONCE IN A LIFE TIME opportunity for first time competitors. Athletes who have never ever competed in the USASA in their life may take advantage of a ONE DAY USASA Trial Membership to experience the thrill of competition and possibly become a member of our family. Again, this offer is for first time USASA competitors and not available to any who have competed at any point in the past with USASA. Pass the word on and encourage riders to come and enter the events this season. If you are interested in this Trial Membership, you must do this in person the day of a competition during the designated registration times. This is a trial USASA membership and not the daily event fees. You are still required to pay for each event at registration at the "day of" rate of $25 per event. You MUST not register online for this offer! (day of registration only).

We are planning for the January 31st competitions, but if the weather looks bad for that weekend, we will postpone to the following weekend with 2 additional boardercross races at Camelback on February 6th. And hey, maybe you'll like it so much you'll want to go back for the second weekend anyway and get yourself qualified for Nationals.

Helmets are required to race.

Registration/Competitor Check-in is from 8:00 - 9:00 am and course practice/inspection is from 9:15-10am

Edited by TT C6

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up. I know a few people who might be interested...

Also, I deleted the post about this from the Lounge area. One post is fine.

You're the mod, but I think if only one thread should be left open, it should stay in the Lounge.

A lot of people visit the Lounge that don't ride BC and will not check the BC forum for this.

Those same people might go to BC for this event if they get word about it.

Bear Creek forum people should know what's going on at their mountain already, right?

IF not, maybe you should leave this thread up as well.

Just my thoughts. Hope you don't mind. :)

Edited by TT C6

Shut Up!!!!

Do you boardercross or even snowboard at all?

NOPE

Do you ride Bear Creek?

NOPE

Considering it's a "no" to both answers, why are you even posting in here?

Can you try posting something that contributes something positive to the community for once?

If not, can you just move on to another thread?

You're the mod, but I think if only one thread should be left open, it should stay in the Lounge.

A lot of people visit the Lounge that don't ride BC and will not check the BC forum for this.

Those same people might go to BC for this event if they get word about it.

Bear Creek forum people should know what's going on at their mountain already, right?

IF not, maybe you should leave this thread up as well.

Just my thoughts. Hope you don't mind. :)

In my experience most folks who visit the site use the "View New Posts" link that is found on the same bar as your username and login status but on the right side of the screen. Multiple posts just clutter up this well liked and often used sub-forum, and we would like to keep that to a minimum. Please feel free to "bump" threads to the top as long as they are relevant.

In my experience most folks who visit the site use the "View New Posts" link that is found on the same bar as your username and login status but on the right side of the screen. Multiple posts just clutter up this well liked and often used sub-forum, and we would like to keep that to a minimum. Please feel free to "bump" threads to the top as long as they are relevant.

Nope. I can't see why anyone would want to read posts from EVERY forum that has a new post. I only hit the forums that discuss where I ride or am considering riding, park, and lounge. So, I don't agree with you logic. But, you're the mod. :)

Nope. I can't see why anyone would want to read posts from EVERY forum that has a new post. I only hit the forums that discuss where I ride or am considering riding, park, and lounge. So, I don't agree with you logic. But, you're the mod. :)

Its not like this forum is that huge. You hit view new posts, then if you don't like the topic, you don't read it. But then you don't have to go checking all those forums.

Its not like this forum is that huge. You hit view new posts, then if you don't like the topic, you don't read it. But then you don't have to go checking all those forums.

I agree. But, I don't read anything other than lounge, park, and forums related to places I want to ride.

Based on that, I'd would have never heard about the Bear Creek boardercross if it wasn't in the lounge.

I'm not trying to argue or start shit. I'm just posting my opinion and what I think.

Personally, I would like special events posted or CC'd in the Lounge. If not, I would never hear about them because I'm not going to check ALL the new posts and ALL the forums.

I rarely ever look into individual forums. I've got the place bookmarked, then click on view new posts. Why do extra work when you don't have to.

[/quote

The forum I run sees a lot less traffic via the "View New Posts" link than people acting like TT C6. I use View New Posts on a forum where I want to read everything but I skip a lot of the forums on PASR so I go forum to forum that I want.

Thanks for the heads up, I am going to be at BC for this event so long as nothing comes up.

• 3 weeks later...