1/6 Stormtracker and updates

moe ghoul

The PASR News Van is now at Salters Ski Shop in Eagleville, PA, where it seems the sleet and rain mix has stopped. When the weather changes, we'll let you know.

This segment was brought to you by Salters Ski Shop. Providing all your ski and snowboard needs since 1847.

Fast snow...I'm more concerned about the roads and getting the paths and driveway cleared at work...by late afternoon tomorrow I would expect it to be pretty sloppy and then all freeze solid..it just depends how warm it gets tomorrow...it looks like good snowmaking weather after this ice storm..

Indeed it's gonna be cold for a bit, I was talking to a snowmaking supervisor the other day and he said it looks like were gonna have a warm February this year which would suck. I never trust those long range forecasts but I hope every mountain starts making 100% for the duration of this cold comming in.

Live from Wind Gap...

Been up since around 4:30 and have watched it sleet, freezing rain, and plain rain. There is at least a quarter inch of ice (looks like closer to half an inch) on the car and thick icicles that go from the headlights all the way to the ground and fuse onto the asphalt. It is now just raining, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to the ice.

Earlier, I warmed up the car and tried to get to 33. Once I got the ice off, I slid down the driveway and turned onto the road. I was going at a crawl and no further than 100 feet down the road my car seemed to glide on a cushion of air right into the neighbors front yard. It was pretty much impossible to stay on the road. I wanted to get some speed up to see if I could do a 1080 in my car, but decided against it. It is a little better now, I just drove down the block to see if I could get out, but it is still extremely slippery.

I was trying to get down to Whitetail today but don't know if that is gonna happen. I-78 looks and sounds pretty sketchy in spots, and from what I hear it is pouring rain at Whitetail with more rain expected through the day.

No tailgating/drafting today...