Packing Heat on the slopes

Maksim

Why you would want to shoot at someone for theft in a public place is beyond me.

Still I know of people carrying in both PA and CO.

Well, if Ski patrol gets in your face.... =P

But to follow up on that though... wasnt thinking about the theft in particular... but rather if the resorts themselves had any say about it?

Like in Jersey, concealed carry is mainly limited to retired LEO's. But in PA different ballgame.

So the thread about the theft at blue got me thinking.... since PA allows concealed carry... anyone know of anyone packing heat on the slopes? Obviously no names.... but just wondering.

Bro, please tell me you are kidding ???

I would NEVER carry on a mountain. It's a BAD idea for many reasons.

Even if I have my gun on me, I wouldn't pull it over a snowboard.

Leave it in the glovebox.

Bro, please tell me you are kidding ???

I would NEVER carry on a mountain. It's a BAD idea for many reasons.

Even if I have my gun on me, I wouldn't pull it over a snowboard.

Leave it in the glovebox.

No, I was not kidding. I am from jersey, so we do not do concealed carry. Me Personally? I would probly leave in a locked car, but in all honesty, I am sure there are people that do. And lets be honest, who would really be pulling over boards/skis? I merely refrence the theft post as someone mentioned packing there.

I'd be surprised if a police officer didn't carry their gun on the mountain.

As for your average Joe, if shit can hit the fan in a grocery store, it could happen on the mountain. I'm not old enough to CC, but I wouldn't while skiing. Falling on your side w/ a gun there might hurt :)

x3. Worse off, i dont know if having hte thought of falling, and a potentially crappy gun going off. =P Or more importantly... between which layers are you packing? =P And then I am sure a polymer glock or h&k wouldnt be as cold in 7 degree weather.

And once again... I am not talking about carrying to protect your gear from being stolen.... but packing for personal defense.

Edited by Maksim

Maybe it's because of where we live and what we do, it would look weird walking down the beach in boardshorts and a holster.

that just made my day. Just had an image of a guy in black socks, board shorts, tshirt and a 357 revolver holstered on the side... straight out of the movie Reno 911, actually, I think i will go watch it now.

Well, you never know when something like this could happen.

"At the the Killington ski resort something has gone awry. Evil terrorists led by the sinister Greig (Bruce Campbell) have taken the resort hostage with a stolen nuclear device. It's up to Ski Patrol bum Matt Foster (Sean Astin) to save the day...and his fiance."

MV5BMTUwMTAzMzQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMyNTAzMQ@@._V1._CR0,0,389,389_SS80_.jpg

P.S. Yes this is a real movie and it is available on Netflix although I can't really recommend it.

Edited by Johnny Style

Well, you never know when something like this could happen.

"At the the Killington ski resort something has gone awry. Evil terrorists led by the sinister Greig (Bruce Campbell) have taken the resort hostage with a stolen nuclear device. It's up to Ski Patrol bum Matt Foster (Sean Astin) to save the day...and his fiance."

MV5BMTUwMTAzMzQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMyNTAzMQ@@._V1._CR0,0,389,389_SS80_.jpg

P.S. Yes this is a real movie and it is available on Netflix although I can't really recommend it.

haha, didnt believe you, but its fo real...

Icebreaker

"Matt Foster, son of a cleaner, realizes his fianc

I was so disappointed. It's cool to recognize the locations at Killington but the movie is really bad. And this review is coming from a fan of all the actors. I'm thinking, "Hey it's got Samwise Gamgee, Mike Hammer, and Ash from "The Evil Dead, plus it has skiing, how can this be bad?" Well I found out that putting a bunch of my guilty pleasures into a movie does not guarantee a winner. Well, Bruce Campbell was good as always. If you saw Sean Astin in "Toy Soldiers" it is essentially the same plot but at Killington rather than a prep school.