Utah

Justo8484

kev and i are in utah with the family for a week. since i'm lazy and dont feel like typing out reports or posting photos multiple times in multiple places, i set up a ghetto blog to contain everything. we've skied two days so far, and i posted a few photos from the trip thus far. we're hittin snowbird tomorrow, canyons monday, snowbasin tuesday, and pc wednesday to finish it out. we'll try and keep posting pics daily, but after a few beers and the hot tub, you get kinda lazy, so no promises. check it:

http://justinsthomas.com/skiblog/?p=9

i might drown. they upped the amount forecasted to around 40" now. told you i needed hellbents.

There's been a ton for sale on TGR. You just fucked up.

Edit: God damnit, it's gonna be blower to. high of 23 today with falling temps to a low of 9 tonight. High of 18 tomorrow. I pretty much hate my life right now.

Edited by Dan-

You will LOVE Snowbasin. I was there on Friday, 3/6 (2 days after supposedly 4" fell, more like 8" or 9") and it was still great. Everyone in SLC told us that Snowbasin is the place to go when they get fresh snow.

You will LOVE Snowbasin. I was there on Friday, 3/6 (2 days after supposedly 4" fell, more like 8" or 9") and it was still great. Everyone in SLC told us that Snowbasin is the place to go when they get fresh snow.

Hah! What's funny is that most SLC'ers think Ogden is too far.

Edited by Johnny Law

Looks sick!

I saw you hiked out to a forest service gate, i dont know if you went out of it or not, but careful out there, make sure you stay in bounds if you don't have gear and avy training. Coming from PA, I didn't know any better and probably would have made some huge mistakes if I didn't meet the right people to steer me in the right direction when it comes to backcountry safety.

Edited by jordan

Looks sick!

I saw you hiked out to a forest service gate, i dont know if you went out of it or not, but careful out there, make sure you stay in bounds if you don't have gear and avy training. Coming from PA, I didn't know any better and probably would have made some huge mistakes if I didn't meet the right people to steer me in the right direction when it comes to backcountry safety.

Good point. Lots of people die at the Canyons because there are so many tempting aspects that are very short hikes. ie. less than 20 minutes... I remember a few years back we had some good friends who lived just outside of Park City (they moved to Kansas :banghead) and they guided at the Canyons on weekends. One of the days we were there a couple dropped their child off at the daycare and during the day they decided to make a short hike through one of the access gates. The slope they were on slid and buried both of them and at the end of the day there was someone at the daycare that no one was coming for... Better to be safe than dead.