It's official

Barb

Bye, Bye Winter.......Hello spring skiing at Big Boulder.

Jack Frost will be closing for the 2008-2009 season on Sunday, March 22nd at 4pm.

Big Boulder will close on Sunday at 8PM, remain closed during the week and then will re-open on the weekend from 10AM until 6PM.

Big Boulder Snowpasses for the 10am-6pm session will be only $28 per person!

Thank you all for a wonderful season at Jack Frost and we will see you all at Big Boulder to enjoy the spring skiing!

Don't forget to buy your 0910 season passes before April 30th!

Stay tuned for further updates!

<_<

:crymore:

Thanks to JFBB for a great 08-09 season. For this family of four, it was a memorable year on the snow, and we can't wait to get back for 09-10. Next stop on the family skiing tour is Spring skiing in Colorado next week. Then the countdown begins for Po Co Know Winter '09. Enjoy the warm weather, PASRs.

:crymore:

Thanks to JFBB for a great 08-09 season. For this family of four, it was a memorable year on the snow, and we can't wait to get back for 09-10. Next stop on the family skiing tour is Spring skiing in Colorado next week. Then the countdown begins for Po Co Know Winter '09. Enjoy the warm weather, PASRs.

No weekends at BB?

$28? thats too much for that place.

I was kind of wonder why they quit doing the March madness tickets for JF and BB.

Honestly, it's cost effective for them only to open boulder on weekends and they preserve the snowpack a little longer that way as well...

Yeah it sucks if you are a weekday skier/rider, but I'm sure anyone can understand the reasoning behind it...

I just hope Boulder stays open on weekends for as long as they can....

Honestly, it's cost effective for them only to open boulder on weekends and they preserve the snowpack a little longer that way as well...

Yeah it sucks if you are a weekday skier/rider, but I'm sure anyone can understand the reasoning behind it...

I just hope Boulder stays open on weekends for as long as they can....

x2 i'd like to get some april turns in at bb

Pretty sure I'll come out once or twice to BB during April. How much of a base do they have? Compared to some other mountains JF had less show this year which really surprises me.

What exactly was so shitty about Boulder this year?

alright man you asked so i will answer.

1. lack of park crew maintaining anything

2. lack of grooming on certain days in the parks. fine for trail riding but horrible to ride park.

3. lack of rebuilds and a terrible freedom park for 3/4 of the year. widow had 2 different set ups, freedom had 3, boudler park had 1 plus the addition of the hip

4. they claim 7 parks, sorry im not gonan coutn that mini shit and the 2 rails next to widow as "parks".

5. the plaza. enough said

6. the wood park? yeah that this is GREAT

7. not putting all their features out on the snow

8. no battleship boxes or anything other than flat boxes for the entire year. im faily certain ian gaves those bad boys to that carpithia place or whatever.

9. ian oliver

10. driving there on a sunny monday and seeing the parking lot is nearly empty only to go to freedom park and find everyhting sticky as balls and left the same as it was since sunday night.

11. transworld top 5!!!!! they open at 3pm and they still cant have their top 5!!!! park set up to ride to top 5 expectations

As far as the Poconos go, I think BB parks are as good as it gets and Camelback is comparable.

CB's jump line is as good, or better, this year.

I think Blue COULD be good if they put their parks on a straight run and maintained the features.

But, locating a park on "Sidewinder', putting the jumps on top of each other, and allowing landings to be bombed out and icy makes Blue a COMPLETE waste to me. I wish Peak had bought Blue for it's potential instead of the joke of an operation at BB.

I'm guessing that Blue officially has the best park in the Poconos..am I right or am I right??
As usual, you are wrong.