TR Camelback 3-28-2009

RidgeRacer

Wow I'm the first one home. I guess I'll start the TR thread. Today was a really fun day at Camelback with the PASR crew. I rolled into the lot with Smartass around 9:50 or so. We got our tickets and decided to make a run on the west side so we hit Margies then made our way over to the Stevenson where we immediately ran into Grlled Steeze and Atomic Skier. At the top the whole crew was there and we all introduced ourselves and I got to meet a bunch of PASRs I never met before like BigdaddyK, Ride Delaware, Nazareth Skier, Ski Freak and Root. Moe Ghoul was also in the house. (If I mised anyone I apologize).

From there we all decided to tackle the steeps on Cliffhanger, then the Terrain Park, Pharoah and Nile Mile. On the way to the lift coming off of Pharaoh. I received a corn snow shower from the spray coming off of Atomic Jeff's skis. I'm jelaous by the way. BigdaddyK had to depart and we then made our way back to the west side via Honeymoon Lane for a little front 4 action starting with The Hump, then Asp, Rocket and Margies. I mentioned Doug's rapping ability to Smartass and Ride Delaware and Doug performed for the group when we got to the top.

On the Hump I started to pick up speed and almost ate it a few times because of the ungroomed snow and rollers bouncing me around. But did I learn my lesson? No because on Rocket, I lost it and had one of my worst wipeouts in years. Thank GOD I had my helmet on or else I may not have gotten up. We continued on and I grabbed a picture of some of the group (see below) and hit Margies. Everyone must have bailed after that because it was just Smartass and I left. We made a run on Big Pocono to Dromedary then another on Rocket where I slipped on some ice just before the headwall and as I was trying to get up I slid down the headwall on my side.

Despite me being knocked around a bit, today was an awesome day of skiing with the PASR crew. Props to CB. They still have a lot of snow. There was some thin spots but it's 3 days before April who cares. I'm impressed.

0328091129-00.jpg

0328091129-01.jpg

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Today was legit! Awesome snow, and a great crew. GSS, NSJay and myself (AJeff) hit the Barely Creek Brewery for some after skiing stoke...I had a steezeburger. NSJay and I put the pedal to the floor on the way home. Some random guy in an STi was trying to have fun but he was getting in the way :)

NSJay and I put the pedal to the floor on the way home. Some random guy in an STi was trying to have fun but he was getting in the way

To bad GSS wasn't around to mix it up. Two Subies and two bimmers on route 33 could have been trouble...

I had a great time today and was thoroughly impressed with the amount of snow remaining at camelback. No one does fun like the Camel and I am happy I got to meet some other PASR members. :wave

Hi all,

Looks like we kept missing each other. We arrived about 10:45am and skied Nile Mike, Pharaoh and Cliffy a few times then headed to the base lodge for lunch.

After lunch we hit Marjies, Rocket, Asp, Big Pocono and then King Tut to get down to watch the Pond Skimming. That was a lot of fun to watch. Only 3 people made it all the way across: two skiers and a boarder. Some of the costumers were great.

Then my daughter suddenly announces that she's not feeling well. On the way to watch the pond skimming, she caught an edge and took a bad fall on King Tut and hit her head (we all wear helmets). Now she's feeling nauseas.

So I took her over to the Ski Patrol place to get her checked out. Hopefully just a case of whiplash. She was done for the day. My son and I took some final runs on Pharaoh, Nile Mile and Cliffy. Then called it a day.

With the warm weather both my kids ditched their red jackets so we weren't as easy to spot.

We're very bummed we didn't get to meet up with you. Hopefully next time.

Had a good time at CB skiing with PASRs and made a few runs with some other friends earlier. Root and I bailed around 11:30 for a coupla beers in the bar and then called it a day. Skiing on dirty water ice is always a blast. ;)

Edited by Moe ghoul

Definately a fun day. I woke up late and had to force myself to get up. I was still asleep when I pulled into the lot at 8:35, and wasn't paying attention, then Jeff yelled to me. I booted up, threw on sunscreen and also helped Doug save his skin. They made it to the ticket window before me, but reassured me that there would be fresh powder left. I ended up getting 18 runs in with the crew, before heading home and crashing for an hour. It was fun meeting some new people. I should have taken a face shield though, because the twin tip spary was brutal.

So Friday I think I saw you guys out with Patrolman Simpson..............

and Saturday I'm pretty sure I kept passing you guys at the tops of trails looking down............

And I know I saw a large gathering on the Rocket waiting on some guy who yard saled.............

Well that's it for me.........after 75 days and well over a million vert. it's time to crack out the two wheeled fun.

Wish I would have had the adventure of sharing a beer with you guys.....maybe next season.

A few more thoughts and observations.....

-Camelbacks parking lot and the base area is so freaking clean. I'm not booting up in a package of hot dog buns like at Blue.

-The piped in music is sick!!! I can't get enough Uncle Kracker and Mariah Carey!!!

Funny I was commenting to Smartass yesterday how nice the paved parking lots are. You don't get mud all over your boots and in your car.

The music rocks. Last time I was there before yesterday I think they were rocking a 90's station on the satellite radio. :rock

My favorite decade of music.

Plus, the hip hop was better when rappers didn't need to claim to be a murderer or drug dealer.

WRONG.....Rappers have been claiming to be drug dealers and rappers since the 80's...

Although they didn't feel the need to use voice changing devices..... sooooo GHEY

WRONG.....Rappers have been claiming to be drug dealers and rappers since the 80's...

Although they didn't feel the need to use voice changing devices..... sooooo GHEY

Tribe Called Quest

Beastie Boyz

Pharcyde

etc.

I believe NWA were the 1st huge "gangstas", but they were the exception, and not the norm.

Easy E died of AIDS, Dre's last fight was with a chick, and Cube is starring Disney movies. :rolleyes:

Here's some pics I took. Had fun skiing with the whole group. There must of been a good dozen AZ/PASR's. It was my last day skiing in PA for the 08/09 season.

Moe Ghoul - good to have a few beers with ya

Bigdaddyk - you owe me a beer. :cheers:

Camelbeach anyone?

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

View from the lift

IMG_0004.jpg

Nice base

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Sullivan lift terminal

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Bra Tree

IMG_0025.jpg

I love driving through the Delaware Water Gap. It's so scenic there, like something out of a Bob Ross painting. Almost surreal. It would be great to go canoeing or rafting down the Delaware this summer.

IMG_0034.jpg

• Like 1

I had a great time and it was a blast meeting you guys even though I was the only boarder... Rode without my knee brace for the first time this season and felt pretty good... Ill be getting out next Saturday for a couple more hours, so I hope to see some of you there again...

I left SE PA in a steady rain and thought to myself, "what am I getting myself into?" It was raining all the way to the LV exit on the turnpike, but by the time I pulled into the Camelback lot at 8 a.m. the Sun was starting to come out. I was the second person to sign up for the voucher that day and warned the ladies working at the counter to expect a pretty good contingent from Blue.

Nobody was really checking the tickets before 8:30 so I slipped in with the season pass holders and skied a few runs down Asp and the Hump to check out the snow conditions and choose the proper ski before meeting up with others. There was no reason to be on my GS skis so I ditched them after a few runs. I pulled out the Dynastar Legend Pros and saw GSS and J-Jeff on the way back up to the hill.

This is probably a good time to stop and reflect upon Camelback. What a nice alternative to the Blue experience. Besides getting lost twice on the way up because there are "too many" signs distracting me once I got off at Tannersville, I was thoroughly impressed. It actually felt like a destination resort. There are ski shops and bars/restaurants on the way up. There was a nice paved parking lot, facilities, staff, etc. It just felt like a "real" mountain. Blue feels so minor-league in comparison. In fact the more I think about it, why the heck are the weekends so crowded at Blue, shouldn't these people be at Camelback instead? While the terrain at Camelback is nice it still cannot compare to Blue.

Anyway, it was nice meeting a few new people today. I had a blast skiing in awesome spring conditions. I'm the guy who is looking at the ground in the picture posted. If Saturday has to be my last day of the season, it would be OK because it was totally legit.

Thanks folks, see you next season!

Tribe Called Quest

Beastie Boyz

Pharcyde

etc.

I believe NWA were the 1st huge "gangstas", but they were the exception, and not the norm.

Easy E died of AIDS, Dre's last fight was with a chick, and Cube is starring Disney movies. :rolleyes:

Philly's own Schoolly D was the first "Gangsta Rapper" that I remember.His album Smoke Some Kill was classic.I probally burned out 5 cassette tapes of that back in the day.Not long after Ice T blew up.He built on alot of what Schoolly D laid down.I still listen to Schoolly,Ice T,and PE quite often.TT C6 your right though,the rap music now just doesn't compare imho.

Edited by YummerzZz