Rumor - Blue Projected Opening 12/4/09

RootDKJ

i could be wrong, but i thought the guns on razors, paradise, and the new ones on sidewinder were all computer controlled and modified the air/water mixture for optimal output based on the current temp/humidity. maybe not?

Hm, thats a good point I thought so to? Wasn't so sure about Paradise but I was aware of Razors having automated snow. If Sidewinder has automated guns thats news to me. I almost live on Sidewinder when im on the Mtn and I never saw Snow being blowed on the trail ever.

Hm, thats a good point I thought so to? Wasn't so sure about Paradise but I was aware of Razors having automated snow. If Sidewinder has automated guns thats news to me. I almost live on Sidewinder when im on the Mtn and I never saw Snow being blowed on the trail ever.

not all the guns, just the new ones they put on there last year. and they don't blow sidewinder as often as other trails because it takes so much more time to reopen it after blowing because they can't just run a groomer straight up the trail. it seems like they only blow on it either when it's super cold and they can put out a ton of snow or when conditions get so icy they just can't do anything with it otherwise, which is unfortunate. fresh snow more often would absolutely help on that trail.

The last week of every 15 day forecast in November shows snowmaking temperatures. It hasn't worked out yet once. The models just trend to the mean temperatures at the tail end of the forecast. There is a reason most forecasts only go 7-10 day other than accuweather. If the temperatures were 10-20 F then the models are giving you something big coming, but if you are seeing 25-32 F 15 days out, don't bank on it other than at some point the cold weather has to come.

duuude, i was just lookin for a little hope last night after seeing 73 on the way home from pittsburgh - i know they cant predict yesterdays weather! i believe theyre right this time. thanks for pissin on my parade! :banghead

Yea, my bad. I'm so mad about this weather right now it is unbelievable. It doesn't help when every single person I run into starts off our conversation with, "wow this is GREAT WEATHER FOR NOVEMBER! I have short sleeves on!"

The last week of every 15 day forecast in November shows snowmaking temperatures. It hasn't worked out yet once. The models just trend to the mean temperatures at the tail end of the forecast. There is a reason most forecasts only go 7-10 day other than accuweather. If the temperatures were 10-20 F then the models are giving you something big coming, but if you are seeing 25-32 F 15 days out, don't bank on it other than at some point the cold weather has to come.

thats so true about accuweather.....for the past week or so the last 4 days show good snowmaking temps, its like frickin groundhog day over and over again. the cold air is there, but never gets any closer.

let's hope you're right that it is something big, lows are down into the teens those last few days.

Yea, my bad. I'm so mad about this weather right now it is unbelievable. It doesn't help when every single person I run into starts off our conversation with, "wow this is GREAT WEATHER FOR NOVEMBER! I have short sleeves on!"

That is so true about people typically loving the warm weather, don't get me wrong I like the warm weather in the late spring to early fall, however this time of the year it needs to hurry up and get cold so ski season can start. I also hate the person who after 1 week of actual winter with cold temperatures goes around saying how much they hate the winter and can't wait for it to get warm out again, move to Florida damn it! As for now I hope like the rest of you that it hurry's up and gets cold enough for snow making temperatures.