next week looks good

JFskiDan

Yeah, I have never been a fan of accuweather either... That being said, I do take a much larger stock in what TWC says, and that being said, I have been basing most of my good news off of that... While Accuweather continually promises cold weather and then fails to deliver, TWC hasnt really forecasted cold weather, and most of their weather has ended up being colder so far... They have been changing their forecast for next week for the better for several days now... Looks like cold temps will arrive Wednesday night... Hopefully most NE resorts will be open by the 4th with some PA resorts following the next weekend!!!

• Like 3

Well lets just say Weather Channel says the "Average High/low Temps" for December 1st Seasonal normal High of 41* and normal Low of 25*. See how it pans out. I like how everyone says its getting cooler when the "cooler" part is how its really supposed to be this time of November, weve just been getting really spoiled with up to 15* above normal temps.... Heatwave in November ha.

I want Snow damnit!!! Well okay screw Snow I want Snow making Temperatures!

Once the cold takes hold, how long does it take for Blue and CB to open up? 2 days? a week? etc.....

blue generally takes 4-5 days, since they've got a bit more vert to cover than boulder does. they don't open unless they can get the main street chair running, so its about 800 vertical feet or so to get covered, and that's over 3 separate trails.

It's amazing how Accuweather and Waether.com are so drastically different right now. AW shows mid 20's for the lows beginning on Friday. Weather.com has it hovering around 30 for the few days after T-Giving. Either way I'm not too optimistic.

I tend to trust TWC over AW. AW is always overoptimistic about winter temperatures. We'll be skiing soon, i hope.

It's amazing how Accuweather and Waether.com are so drastically different right now. AW shows mid 20's for the lows beginning on Friday. Weather.com has it hovering around 30 for the few days after T-Giving. Either way I'm not too optimistic.

I tend to trust TWC over AW. AW is always overoptimistic about winter temperatures. We'll be skiing soon, i hope.

This is awful. Not only is the opening date going to be very late but I'm worried they will have very little open for Christmas week and it will be a total clusterfuck. When it gets cold we need 24 hour windows not just nightly.

Snow breads snow and this is honestly the most distressing map I've seen even more so than just temperatures. Until Canada and the midwest have some snow cover storms aren't going to roll in with much power and artic air will warm up a lot before it gets here.

http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/loop/usa-1mo-loop.html