Jf 1/1

C1erArt

Warm, no wind, 4" of freshies. Sun starting to peek out. Slopes as smooth as a babies bum. Run of the morning is elevator. Can it get any bettw than this? Only the ski patrol out on the east mountain. A nice feeling of security.

Roads to jf are all clear

Made it out for an early morning session with JFSKiDan. This morning easily falls under the "epic" category. Only a few inches fell last night but that combined with the famous JFBB man made, made for sweet conditions all around. We made our first run on Janes which had a nice layer of last night's freshly fallen snow on top. It was then over to the Challenge glade which we took all the way down to the East Mt. Lift. The PE's were loving the cold smokey powder through the glade.

We hit East Mt for runs through the Elevator Glade, and of course Vader. After a few runs on there we hit Mad Tree and I hit Risk It and JFSKiDan hit Floyds. It was then back over to the combination of Elevator Glade to Elevator a number of times before I had to hit the road. Dan hung out for a bit and is probably still there. We have pics which I'll post up in a few. Morning's like this though are the reason why we do this...great day.

perfect morning session at frost. groomed stuff, ungroomed stuff, lots of powder everywhere. the elevator is really getting a lot of action. Dom and i talked with a couple of guys from the ski patrol who were just as stoked about the elevator as we were. no tickets were issued.

Dom in the elevator glade

post-1753-126236777448_thumb.jpg

Dom on the elevator

post-1753-126236789057_thumb.jpg

lift lines were picking up some when i left at 11:30.

• Like 1

sounds awesome..Phillycore why weren't you up there??? Party hard last night

No valid excuse this time around, didn't look at the weather too good and figured they got the rain that we got here and it would icy or hardpack at best.

Chose to go tomorrow instead as I thought that was the day my homies from blue were heading up to JF... bad choice I guess, didn't do shit today worthwhile except laundry.

I dropped the ball bigtime.

aww just huck it!

Hucking it is absolutely the way you should run it, but the landing looked icy, the light was flat, I didn't have anyone spotting the landing, I didn't want to damage the bark on the trees, 3 crows flew overhead (a bad omen), and the last time I was sledded off Floyds, I said some things when I was under for the operation my wife is still laughing about. :naughty

Hucking it is absolutely the way you should run it, but the landing looked icy, the light was flat, I didn't have anyone spotting the landing, I didn't want to damage the bark on the trees, 3 crows flew overhead (a bad omen), and the last time I was sledded off Floyds, I said some things when I was under for the operation my wife is still laughing about. :naughty

You dont necessarily have to huck it. Theres a very narrow path in between the two cliffs which you can slide down. The tricky part about going that way is that you need to make a quick left turn once down to avoid a tree.

Good decision the East Mountain at Jackson Frost is no joke..pictures of the elevator looked sweet..we don't even have as escalator at Blue..just steps..

lol.