any snowboard stores near bear creek resort?

kamuzai

hey, i want to get my first board, but i cant seem to find any stores near bear creek on the internet. when i went to bear creek i only saw that ski accessory shop and the tune shop. is there a snowboard shop where i can buy a snowboard with bindings and boots? is it alright if i buy online for the first time though? i think i found a really good deal. i want to start in the park and i have done the butter with the rental and the big jump at the end, but i dont like those boards because they are too heavy and not agile enough. and plus the boots stink... so yeah.. please help.

i am 17 years 131 lbs and 5'11''. boot size 9.

i want to ride park so what length of board should i get? i found this one online.

this is the deal i found from evogear.

K2 Believer Snowboard 2009 151cm -- $269.90

Ride Beta MVMNT Snowboard Bindings 2009 9-11 -- $139.90

Salomon Dialogue Select Snowboard Boots 2009 -- $119.90

total: $529.70

is this a good setup? and is there anything else i need to know before buying online? thankyou.

hey, i want to get my first board, but i cant seem to find any stores near bear creek on the internet. when i went to bear creek i only saw that ski accessory shop and the tune shop. is there a snowboard shop where i can buy a snowboard with bindings and boots? is it alright if i buy online for the first time though? i think i found a really good deal. i want to start in the park and i have done the butter with the rental and the big jump at the end, but i dont like those boards because they are too heavy and not agile enough. and plus the boots stink... so yeah.. please help.

i am 17 years 131 lbs and 5'11''. boot size 9.

i want to ride park so what length of board should i get? i found this one online.

this is the deal i found from evogear.

K2 Believer Snowboard 2009 151cm -- $269.90

Ride Beta MVMNT Snowboard Bindings 2009 9-11 -- $139.90

Salomon Dialogue Select Snowboard Boots 2009 -- $119.90

total: $529.70

is this a good setup? and is there anything else i need to know before buying online? thankyou.

hey, not sure exactly where you're coming from, but if you can drive up to whitehall, check out nestors on 145/macarthur road. talk to dan or rob, they'll get you all set up.

lols yeah... i eat a lot everyday. probably pack in about 5000 calories if not moer, but anyways... im coming from newyork city. queens. if that helps. so is a 151cm board for park good?

if you're coming from nyc, have you checked out the burton store in manhattan? i'm sure their prices are going to be a little high, but it'd be easy for you to just take the subway there and see what they've got and just get some general knowledge about what you're looking for, plus it's in a fun area of the city.

hmm. should i just buy the board online? what are the downsides to buying it online?

paying shipping, generally a huge hassle for warranty issues, longer process if what you purchase ends up not being what you really wanted/thought it was. in my opinion, there's far less risk buying a board online than there is boots and bindings. absolutely go to a shop to get fitted for a pair of boots, and then bindings to go with the boots.

if this is your first board i would go to a shop. you can go in and tell them exactly what your doing with it, your price range, and your weight and all that good stuff. they will pick out a couple things and tell you the differences. I know at nestors, on the ski side of things, the guys there know just about everything you could ever want to know about what your buying. i'd imagine they wouldnt hold a lower standard to the snowboard guys.

On your way there about 3 miles off of Route 78 in Whitehouse, NJ is Pelican Ski Shop. They generally have a pretty good staff for snowboarders. The end of season sale should be going on now. I know they have coupons online. That's off of exit 26 on Rt 78. And do NOT buy online for your first setup. You NEED to make sure the boots fit right. THey shouldn't match your street shoe size, as those will be too big. Do it right the first time, or you'll have to do it again REAL soon.

No doubt about it, get the boots from a shop. Everyone's feet are different and you need to try them on. As for your question, yes, any bindings will go on any board. Just be aware that Burton boards and bindings use a little bit of a different screw pattern, but its not an issue.

i have a pair of DC superpark boots that are a size 10. i'll give you them for $30 and i can meet u at bear, there a $250 boot but i'm just over them. and what kind of park are you gunna ride? rails or jumps? if your gunna do both then yah just go for a 151. i also have an old pair of good condition bindings. 09 burton cartels i'll sell for $40. they are size large so they will fit either a 9 thru like 12 i think, got pics of both if you want

'

Edited by JibHonk

I'm not a fan of Ride bindings at all. Tons of quality issues with them.

hmm. should i just buy the board online? what are the downsides to buying it online?

There are no downsides, you will find MUCH better deals online then you will at local shops. If you wait till around mid march you will find a ton of killer blow out deals. Only thing I wouldn't buy online is boots, unless you get fitted at a local shop first.

Edited by burton71

Wish Pinnacle in Reading was still there.. got eaten by the Buckmonster. However, there's a few pinnacle folks working to open up a new shop nearby <_< but that doesn't help you now.

ferreal pinnacle had way better selection then buckmans has there now.

• 2 weeks later...

the "buckmonster".....what did Pinnacle have the Buckman's does have now?? I think they have a great selection.

Really, what don't we have that they did? We carry more brands, and better brands, have better selection throughout each brand, and have about twice the staff they did and we kept many of their employees.

We didn't "eat up" Pinnacle. They came to us wanting to get out of the business in that location so it was a win/win for everyone involved. We have never actively pursued another ski shop to take them over. All of our expansion has been through existing ski shops wanting to get out of the business coming to us asking if we want to buy them out. Just about every Spring/Summer we receive calls from one or two shops looking to get out of the business.

Anyway, back to getting the board set up. With the season winding down now is a great time to stop in a shop. Especially Buckman's. It's clearance time so everything is marked down. Our stores close up March 31st so don't wait.

-John

• Like 1