Possible "Delayed Opening" for Friday 2/26

setagehtta

They're trying to raise enough dough to put in a hotel/timeshare......."The 5th Floor"....Prolly raise the season pass to 1000 next year, lol. BTW, long time friends and passholders told me how bad it sux there. They ordered 2 Caucasians..top shelf...pint glasses.....used to cost them $8/drink. Under new management the price was..............

wait for it.....................

$42 for both. Hey, SCamelback..........go F yerself.

If Camelback didn't open today that's ridiculous and if they don't open tomorrow that will be the last straw for me even though I'm not even home to go. I would have been so pissed if I went there today expecting fresh tracks only to find out they were closed and have to turn around and head to Blue missing first tracks on a powder day :(

Perhaps some of you didn't get the memo.

The main routes to Camelback are route 80 , 476 and 611.

All of these roads DO have snow removal plans and do have plows salting all day and all night.

But employees do not live on main highways.

Most employees live back in the woods on roads that right now have no markings of any kind

now that a foot of snow has fallen.

It will take some time to get staffed up after any major snowfall so I wouldn't be surprised

if CB or Blue shuts down because of heavy snowfall.

On the other hand... the smaller ski resorts need less people to operate so I wouldn't think they will close because of snowfall.

The roads were very bad yesterday, people died, after the first 5 inches of snow fell so

I can't imagine it any better after another foot comes down tonight.

All of these roads DO have snow removal plans and do have plows salting all day and all night.

Most employees live back in the woods on roads that right now have no markings of any kind

It will take some time to get staffed up after any major snowfall so I wouldn't be surprised

On the other hand... the smaller ski resorts need less people to operate so I wouldn't think they will close because of snowfall.

The roads were very bad yesterday, people died, after the first 5 inches of snow fell so

i have to go to work no matter how the roads are, and so do all of my other colleagues. its kinda ridiculous that a ski resort shuts down for snow.

Lift attendants are generally younger kids though, and a lot of which lack responsibility. Believe me, you get plenty of call offs ever with 4 or 5 inches. Camelback may take more employees to run, but that shouldn't matter. If Sno had a couple attendants, they would open with one or two lifts. There is a lot of snow out there, and irresponsible workers will take any excuse not to come into work.

And REALLY makes me want to pay 800 for it... :banghead :banghead :banghead

Just in case you havnt seen our 10/11 Season Pass Pricing here it is....

SUPER PASS 7x7

Adult 19-64 Super Pass $ 479.00

JR 7-18 Super Pass $ 279.00

Senior 65+ SuperPass $ 279.00

VALUE PASS 5x7

Adult 19-64 ValuePass $ 379.00

JR 7-18 ValuePass $ 229.00

Senior 65+ ValuePass $ 229.00

Not sure where you got your pricing from but your off by $320 on the super pass.

Also, POSSIBLE delayed opening is because the last thing we want is people to rush to the mtn to get those fresh powder runs. Not only do we stress safety here at the resort, we stress safety to and from our resort. So, with that in mind, we are open today under normal operating hours (9am - 9pm). Please be safe on the roads. I live in Easton and had to drive carefully on 22, 33, and 80.

Come up and get those powder runs. Be safe driving.

Edited by Rossboy14
  • Like 1

I don't know, when I worked at CB I never didn't come in because of snowy roads because well you just can't. Anyways since they opened on time I guess they made it, good job! Most people in and around PA just don't know how to handle snow, especially some of the people coming out of NYC and NJ. I've constantly seen people crash on beautiful sunny days leaving the city on a weekly basis, just not smart drivers.

Always be prepared when going out into the snow. Check tire pressure, full tank of gas, blanket and food in the car in case you get stuck and stranded for awhile and most importantly drive safe!

Well both quads are still closed which means powder runs on Nile, Cliffy, etc aren't happening. That Bailey lift is greaaaat. /s

Did you really expect the quads to run today? This is Camelback we're talking about it's a family & gaper rec center not a ski resort :wiggle

I have been a season pass holder for the past 7 years, & I would have to say that this year has been awesome at Camelback. The conditions have been excellent this year, & I feel that the grooming crews have done a tremendous job keeping the ice at bay. Sure, the weather has alot to due with this years conditions, but I really feel that grooming efforts have improved. As far as the prices at the bar & cafeteria, what do you people expect? You know their going to rape you! Bring your own beer & booze if you wanna drink! I also feel that the prices for the season passes are acceptable, as long as you actually are able to use them frequently. The staff that I have dealt with have also been very helpful. My son lost his cell phone that he got for his 11th birthday, & Cory, a liftie, called me from it when he found it! Thanks dude! I forgot my pass the other day & Melissa in the welcome center hooked me up with a day pass! Anyway, my two cents.

Just in case you havnt seen our 10/11 Season Pass Pricing here it is....

SUPER PASS 7x7

Adult 19-64 Super Pass $ 479.00

JR 7-18 Super Pass $ 279.00

Senior 65+ SuperPass $ 279.00

VALUE PASS 5x7

Adult 19-64 ValuePass $ 379.00

JR 7-18 ValuePass $ 229.00

Senior 65+ ValuePass $ 229.00

Not sure where you got your pricing from but your off by $320 on the super pass.

Also, POSSIBLE delayed opening is because the last thing we want is people to rush to the mtn to get those fresh powder runs. Not only do we stress safety here at the resort, we stress safety to and from our resort. So, with that in mind, we are open today under normal operating hours (9am - 9pm). Please be safe on the roads. I live in Easton and had to drive carefully on 22, 33, and 80.

Come up and get those powder runs. Be safe driving.

Rossboy14- I don't know you, but I assume you work for CB. I have been away for a while, but I was a season pass holder for a few years at CB, and I defended CB endlessly for years, despite drawing the ire of a number of people on this board. Just ask the Blue guys how much crap they gave me about how I felt about CB. But this post from you has REALLY just pissed me off. You say "I don't know where you're getting your info from, but you're 320 off of the price." If you look here:

http://www.skicamelback.com/SkiCamelback/Tickets-and-Passes/Season-Passes.aspx

The one MAJOR BANNER at the top of the page is that if you buy now you save $320 over the regular price. So, obviously the regular price is 800, which is what I said earlier in the thread and that you quoted. Furthermore, I find it absolutely absurd that if you work for a mountain you would go after a potential customer on a message board like that and insult not just my intelligence, but the intelligence of EVERYONE on here. Since I moved for a year I did not purchase a season pass anywhere this year. But you can be absolutely sure that when I DO purchase a season pass to a mountain next year it sure won't be Camelback. I have plenty of friends that ski the mountain there, and my original plans were to return to Camelback because I do enjoy the mountain a lot. Due to the fact that I buy my pass late, usually, I tend to have to pay full price, which I am fine with, and would have gladly done. You, however, have completely treated us all here like we are a bunch of morons who can't read. I know what the site said a couple weeks ago when I looked at the rates for season passes, and I know what it says now. The bottom line is that you've just cost Camelback my patronage. Shutting down lifts couldn't do it, poor grooming at times couldn't do it, long liftlines couldn't do it, horrible parking couldn't do it, but somehow you found a way. Congrats. I'd love it if you'd pass me your name so I could go ahead and go to customer service and tell them what kind of GEM they've got promoting their resort and their brand online to those who are most likely to purchase a season pass.

Look, I see that Ross works for CB's marketing team. But the number one rule in public relations is to tell the truth. CB's pass actually IS $799. I understand that. 2 weeks ago that very number was posted on CB's site. I know this because I was in the midst of shopping for a season pass for next year, and I was trying to get an idea of everyone's rates. I'm discussing this issue personally with Ross, and I want you all to know that it was a misunderstanding in the way things were typed. Personally, I feel the more prudent way of expressing your message, Ross, would have been to say, "Yes, the pass does retail for $800, but you should check out the specials we're running right now. The price of a season pass is only $480 right now, and you should take advantage of that before it ends March 31st." My main point here is that the public, especially those of us who are around ski resorts day in and day out, don't jump at all of the smoke and mirrors presented to us. Some of us, as I'm sure I'm not the only one, feel a bit insulted when resorts use these entry level marketing tactics on us. All I'm asking is for honesty. My current home mountain never does any of these things. The season pass is the same price all year 'round. I didn't buy a pass, so I buy tickets every time I go. I know half of the ticket window people, some instructors, patrollers, and some bartenders all by name. What's more, they know me by name. And I've only skied there about 10 times. Earning my patronage is quite easy. Just cut through the crap and give me the bottom line. I'll actually pay more for that. If CB's pass is 800 retail, but you intend on having it sell at 480, or 500, or 520 through various specials, just make the thing 550 all year, and I guarantee you'll sell more and avoid MUCH confusion.