Shawn White

trimreaper

The most well known snowboarder in the world is coming to Blue Mt on his gold medal tour.....Hold on, some genius filled in the half pipe because it was just a fad.

When?

Pretty sure it's a joke...

• Like 1

Why???

Blue had the same problems Bear Creek had with their pipe. 1 wall was completely sun exposed for most of the day which almost always leads to that wall being rutted and over vert. And the trails both pipes were one really weren't steep enough.

The other issue is that half pipes really need to be blocked off and access controlled by park passes or something similar. This was a huge problem at BC for their pipe and not only caused their pipe to suck but was super dangerous.

Blue's pipe was horrible. They should have filled it in long ago.

Personally, I would rather a shitty pipe than no pipe.

is sno's superpipe even open this season?

Nope. Not even their mini (regular-sized) pipe.

I guess in the end halfpipes are something that cost tons of time, money, effort to get right... and when they're not perfect, the mountains hear about it. I don't blame the mountains for not having them, the advantages of having them never live up to the investment put into them. :(

I can't really think of anyone other than CB who has a pipe this year. I think its kind of odd from a marketing standpoint though. Wouldn't a pipe help a lot to get people excited about the Olympics out to your mountain? Kids watching Shaun White win who think snowboarding is something they want to do will of course overestimate themselves and want to go ride a pipe even though they've never been on a mountain before. I would think that just being able to say in an olympic year that you have a pipe, no matter the size or quality would get you more skier visits.

• Like 1

I can't really think of anyone other than CB who has a pipe this year. I think its kind of odd from a marketing standpoint though. Wouldn't a pipe help a lot to get people excited about the Olympics out to your mountain? Kids watching Shaun White win who think snowboarding is something they want to do will of course overestimate themselves and want to go ride a pipe even though they've never been on a mountain before. I would think that just being able to say in an olympic year that you have a pipe, no matter the size or quality would get you more skier visits.

Sounds good to me. But then you would have to advertise that you had the pipe...would the potential extra revenue offset the advertising costs?

Thought the same thing.

As far as the pipe goes, it would have helped Blue a lot more if they had actually put something decent on the space the pipe used to occupy. They pumped up this "Central Park" thing, and what did it end up being? 2 stairsets and a wall. Big whoop.

As far as the pipe goes, it would have helped Blue a lot more if they had actually put something decent on the space the pipe used to occupy. They pumped up this "Central Park" thing, and what did it end up being? 2 stairsets and a wall. Big whoop.

what do you suggest they put there? it's really not that long of a trail at all, and the setup that's there right now is really fun if you're good enough to hit it. it's supposed to be advanced/expert level features, which it is. i'm not personally a fan of staircases because i think they're expensive and don't really add anything to the feature, but the rails themselves are all set up well. the down box after the staircase is pretty much the best thing to learn how to 2 onto an urban setup.