california vs. utah vs. colorado vs washington ect

soccer911

but utah is nothing special

What ?.....wait weren't you the one that went to CO rode park for a month, couldn't hack it and then came back ?

Weird but UT does have horrible parks so I can see why you wouldn't like it.

Mammoth is a good bet, no one gets more consistent late season snow than Mammoth. There is a reason they are almost always the last to close.

UT has the best chance for an epic 3% dump.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1

What ?.....wait weren't you the one that went to CO rode park for a month, couldn't hack it and then came back ?

Mammoth is a good bet, no one gets more consistent late season snow than Mammoth. There is a reason they are almost always the last to close.

no, he lived in CO for over 2 years but had an issue that needed to be dealt with so he came home. he'll be going back out shortly.

UT has the best chance for an epic 3% dump.

park city's park is usually pretty on point, and canyons is way underrated. not nearly as expansive as PC or the colorado resorts, but still really fun and well built.

no, he lived in CO for over 2 years but had an issue that needed to be dealt with so he came home. he'll be going back out shortly.

My fault, I wasn't sure so I probably should have just left that first part out. Though that doesn't change the fact he has no idea what he's talking about.

Regardless my sincere apologies Ashy

Utah has snowbird, and snowbird is one of my all time favorite ski areas (3 way tie with jackson and telluride). If you do go to Utah, don't waste your time at park city, just go to the LCC and BCC areas, you won't regret it.

as far as snow goes, utah has the best shot of an epic dump as johnny law said, but that late in the season, the snow will turn to slop pretty fast. Colorado will probably have the best consistent conditions depending on where you go due to higher elevation = colder snow. I've never been to cali or washington, but I would say they would have similar problems with slop as Utah in late march and early April. Maybe consider Wyoming or Montana as well?

Utah has snowbird, and snowbird is one of my all time favorite ski areas (3 way tie with jackson and telluride). If you do go to Utah, don't waste your time at park city, just go to the LCC and BCC areas, you won't regret it.

as far as snow goes, utah has the best shot of an epic dump as johnny law said, but that late in the season, the snow will turn to slop pretty fast. Colorado will probably have the best consistent conditions depending on where you go due to higher elevation = colder snow. I've never been to cali or washington, but I would say they would have similar problems with slop as Utah in late march and early April. Maybe consider Wyoming or Montana as well?

don't lock yourself into LCC and BCC. the canyons, which is in park city (maybe kimball junction, technically) is a lot of fun, but might potentially suck on a snowboard due to the layout of the mountain. there's also super easy backcountry access id you've got the gear for that too. also, definitely check out the odgen areas. we hit snowbasin and powder mountain in january and had an awesome time there. powder mountain is absolutely empty. we were getting fresh tracks every single run on a day that snowbird got tracked by 10am. they're cheaper then snowbird too.

Colorado does not have the coverage right now to be awesome in the spring. They might get some storms but the base in Vail and Beaver Creek is pretty low which is not going to be good for spring skiing.

Tahoe will be really warm by then. We have great coverage now but its consistently warmer than CO especially at that time of year. If you are expecting spring skiing then come on out to Tahoe. Can't say about Mammoth as I've never been. The good thing about Tahoe is you have several micro-climates so if one resort sucks you just go somewhere else and you dont have that with Mammoth.

I'd rater ski/ride at mountain creek than go back to the canyons, been twice (just to give it a fair crack), both times wished I'd gone to ANY of the other UT resorts.

just curious, why did you hate canyons so much? i've heard it's a little rough on a snowboard due to some of the traverses, but the terrain is infinitely better than mountain creek... although if you don't like trees and just want to ski groomers all day, then you might think otherwise. the trees under the tombstone lift, as well as the stuff off 9990, is pretty fun.

I'd rater ski/ride at mountain creek than go back to the canyons, been twice (just to give it a fair crack), both times wished I'd gone to ANY of the other UT resorts.

The key to the Canyons is skiing the slackcountry, no other resort in UT has slack like that with so few people.

The other resorts may have better terrain in the area but you can't use the lift for the up portion of the trip.