Tip for Blue employees

trimreaper

That sounds to me like undercutting Blue. Blue provides jobs to hundreds of people and it's wrong for Employees to take away from Blues ticket sales by selling these vouchers. Trimreaper shame on you for publicly posting this.

Barb didnt answer her phone, know she reads this and would nab them this weekend. I agree it is wrong.

Stealing from your employer is not cool.

How is this stealing? It sounds like the employees are provided with lift ticket vouchers as part of their compensation package. If it belongs to you, what's wrong with selling it at market price? If someone buys your pass, Blue Mt. gets the same result as if you gave the pass to your friend: another skier on the mountain who didn't pay for the mountain's services.

Am I missing something here? It's not like you're going into the managers office and stealing a stack of free passes.

How is this stealing? It sounds like the employees are provided with lift ticket vouchers as part of their compensation package. If it belongs to you, what's wrong with selling it at market price? If someone buys your pass, Blue Mt. gets the same result as if you gave the pass to your friend: another skier on the mountain who didn't pay for the mountain's services.

Am I missing something here? It's not like you're going into the managers office and stealing a stack of free passes.

Maybe I misunderstood the concept, but is ripping off your customers any smarter?

not sure if this is involved in their contract or not, but the way i see it, they're undercutting their employer and violating a hypothetical noncompete clause, if their employment contract were to have such a thing. it's a similar concept to my employer pitching a job at $50,000, and then after the pitch, i contact the potential client privately and offer to do the job freelance for $25,000. that violates the contract i signed when i agreed to work for my company. whether blue has a similar policy, i don't know, but it makes matters much worse if there are multiple parties involved selling tickets through blue mountain's facilities at face value that were intended as a perk to take friends and family on the slopes for free. pretty dirty if you ask me.

• Like 6

not sure if this is involved in their contract or not, but the way i see it, they're undercutting their employer and violating a hypothetical noncompete clause, if their employment contract were to have such a thing. it's a similar concept to my employer pitching a job at $50,000, and then after the pitch, i contact the potential client privately and offer to do the job freelance for $25,000. that violates the contract i signed when i agreed to work for my company. whether blue has a similar policy, i don't know, but it makes matters much worse if there are multiple parties involved selling tickets through blue mountain's facilities at face value that were intended as a perk to take friends and family on the slopes for free. pretty dirty if you ask me.

I'm a fan of your posts.

• 1 month later...

People at Blue getting their panties in a bunch over this thread hihi.gif

I know the Thred is a little old but god I haven't logged into this site since the start of the 09 season LOL. But I agree with AJeff, a few weeks prior to the end of the season a bunch of us "security" guys had tickets we weren't going to use. A really nice lady that works in the Valley Ticket Office... "We call her the Ticket Nazi because she dosen't take shit lightly when dumbass customers make a fuss." I forget her real name but anyway I asked her if we could sell our tickets out in the parking lot and she said that they are our tickets and we have the right to do anything with them. I had 2 tickets, sold them in 8 minutes after getting to the parking lot after my shift one day... made 60 bucks... $30 a peice for all day ticket... cause im nice.

So not ripping off blue mountain whatsoever.. they didn't have to give us the tickets after all. Trust me when I say there was HUGE inside scams bigger than employee ticket crap.

I know the Thred is a little old but god I haven't logged into this site since the start of the 09 season LOL. But I agree with AJeff, a few weeks prior to the end of the season a bunch of us "security" guys had tickets we weren't going to use. A really nice lady that works in the Valley Ticket Office... "We call her the Ticket Nazi because she dosen't take shit lightly when dumbass customers make a fuss." I forget her real name but anyway I asked her if we could sell our tickets out in the parking lot and she said that they are our tickets and we have the right to do anything with them. I had 2 tickets, sold them in 8 minutes after getting to the parking lot after my shift one day... made 60 bucks... $30 a peice for all day ticket... cause im nice.

So not ripping off blue mountain whatsoever.. they didn't have to give us the tickets after all. Trust me when I say there was HUGE inside scams bigger than employee ticket crap.

Yeah as Blue employees we do have the right to sell them. Ask any manager, its not even frowned upon. You get one after a 100 hours of work or 2 for 80 hours in March, which means it is basically a bonus. Its not like they give them to us for free. I sell mine for about 30-40$ because I have no one to bring. Selling them at the ticket office may be a little unethical, but its not undercutting Blue.