Tuckerman

Johnny Law

I plan to go, no idea when. Been busy on the home front before I head out to UT, I couldn't get away the past few weeks and I'm chompin at the bit to get out and ski. If I go, I'd like to hook up with a small group (2-4) that are familiar with the area. Also need to determine what additional equipment I should pick up.

With Jesus turning on the blast furnace this weekend I could see where this wouldn't be a normal tuxs year. I'll keep a look out and pull the trigger early if necessary.

My normal bc partner is getting his master's so this weekend's trip is his last this year. I don't mind going by myself but its always better as a group....safety meetings are not nearly as fun when you are the only one laughing at your jokes.

• Like 1

Ahaha about the safety meetings. It would be cool to go but I don't have any camping gear. At a minumum I need a backpack which I could probably borrow. Do you usually use crampons and ice axes and that sort of thing? I'm hoping this weekends heat wave doesn't do too much damage up north.

Backpack, headlamp and sleeping bag are mandatory, ice axe and crampons are very rarely used as a established boot pack is almost always in place.

The good thing about a group is you can split the weight, 1 dude carries stove and cooking shit, other dude carries food and all other carry beer.

Edited by Johnny Law

Respect....

If you're really thinking about a trip up read the reports for at least a couple weeks prior so you have some understanding of the condition history.

If in doubt ask. Conditions change daily and will change throughout the day so you must be aware.