Bye Bye TIcket Check

Switchsideskier.

I was up at Blue Mountain today for Rock The Fall and walked around the lifts a bit, one thing I also noticed was they tore all the ticket shacks and fences around the perimeter of the mountain, Ticket check is now at all the lifts, you must ski through these which read your tickets. I have seen this at various other mountains, which a lot of people seemed to have a problem with. I hope this works for Blue Mountain and it was a good investment, it sure will be nice to walk right from the lot onto the mountain without waiting in line to have my ticket scanned, however I may just have to wait at the lift to have it read.

I'm sure this will have both good and bad advantages

Enjoy

post-3154-014452600 1286673411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Switchsideskier.

Oh man, is this a disaster waiting to happen or what? :blink:

Gonna be funny on a crowded Sat. when some yahoo gets to the checker @ 12:45pm with a morning pass and it doesn't let them through. :lol

Guess they're gonna have to have a bail-out line.

So if you're stuck at the bottom with an expired ticket, do you have to ride the shuttle back up if you parked in the upper lot? :confused

So many questions, so little time...

Well that puts me out of a job wtf. No need for personel scanning tickets with a gun. Awesome all Security will be doing now is board and ski check.

If anyone expects to hit the slopes more than 10 minutes before the ticket time they will be ejected from line till its the exact time..... but customers dont know that the ticket is good up to 10 minutes early.... if you have an expired ticket you will be ejected from line and sent back in to the valley or summit and will have to buy a valid ticket. it;s just weeding out the human error that goes on... even though the human error that does occur is wont harm blue anyway possible and wont cost the resort a fraction of anything. they just want to be strictly anal about every little detal in the future and rid of all most possible human error.

Edited by Nidecker25

Can someone from Blue answer this? Oh wait, Blue is the only mountain that doesnt have a representative on this site.

im no where near a rep for blue lol but im just explaining to my best knowledge. since its my department i can hopefully weed out any answeres and concern.

They have the same ones at Aspen...works pretty well, I thought. Just gotta make sure you have your pass in the correct (I almost said right) jacket pocket :)

Ya exactly, it's not gonna work, all the idiots that come to Blue on the weekend are gonna put their passes inside their jeans or something of that sort, i don't care I don't ski too often on the weekend, usually in the mornings before it gets to bad and on the weekday mornings when it's amazing :) but ya figured this would start an awesome thread haha had to pull some dirt out of Blue when I was there yesterday, the only thing nice will be skiing right out of the summit without waiting to get my ticket scanned, but will have to wait @ the lift anyways.

but Blue is about the only ski area that doesn't check tickets in the liftline but has their own ticket checks. I saw the turnstyle system at Big sky but most resorts have a guy with a gun near the front of the liftline and for the early morning lineup..maybe an extra scanner or two to get things moving quickly..people abuse the system at Blue bigtime..buying morning tickets and staying all day..this new system will eliminate that. The mad dash to the lifts is stupid..this will eliminate that..we can wair for first chair by the lifts like every other ski area in the world. Didn't Blue hire like 100 security people last year? Seems excessive..it's not like Blue is in Camden NJ..one day there will be no security..any skier or rider who commits a violation will be shot with a laser..amd ejected..works at ski areas in Europe and greatly reduces insurance costs...

On major holidays dave had one to two people at evey lift and the normal summit and valley scanners scanning tickets to catch the people who would like you said buy a morning ticket and stay all day and this would weed out those people. a normal day that there werent 10,000 people at the resort at any given time dave jim and barb didnt think there was no reason to tag people at the lifts. these new ticket machines will be the best thing for blue... it will cause problems for the begining of the season until the locals get use to the whole ordeal. the outa staters and holiday gapers will really clog things up during holidays and those will be days worth dreading to see. but all in all it will be worth it in the long run.

It's going to suck for early mornings where you can literally ski onto the lift. I like to come into the lift carrying some speed. Not anymore.

Oh, and it's going to be a way for red coats to nab speeders. They better not have a remote control to lock the gates!

Haha sad thing is I see them using that to police speeds like the PA Turnpike does as well...Blue Mountain wanna be ski patrol cops.

so instead of sneaking people around the gate now you just make a photo copy of your season pass?

they're rfid readers, so no, a photocopy won't work. i saw the things yesterday and it looks like it's going to cause a huge hassle. also, how is this going to affect the VIP line? i really, really hope that's not going away. the turnstyles for the things, once there's some snow on the ground, look like they're going to be about shin height though, which i thought was kinda weird. they're really low to the ground.

i like that you find out from pasr you dont have a job anymore.

I have a job, just looks like i wont be scanning tickets anymore..... ill have to talk to dave on thursday.... no one says anything until its too late, they just play stupid and will say "oh well these are new, and they will be taking over your position from previous years."

now all these extra scan guns they will have laying around.... oh lets see about a total of 20. they should use some and put two people up at sidewinder and keep the gapers and family living out of the park.

hahaha and the sad thing is the fisrt pic is the quad... the six pack line is most likely to the lodge. can we say 1 1/2 wait time...... to ski a lousy 4 min run if you take your time to wait in line again for another 1 1/2 hours...... said enough. screw holidays.

I can point out at least 15 gapers in the last pic.

they're rfid readers, so no, a photocopy won't work. i saw the things yesterday and it looks like it's going to cause a huge hassle. also, how is this going to affect the VIP line? i really, really hope that's not going away. the turnstyles for the things, once there's some snow on the ground, look like they're going to be about shin height though, which i thought was kinda weird. they're really low to the ground.

Really, they're RFID? I find that hard to believe as I already have my pass for this season and I doubt there's a RFID chip in there. Also you can see the barcode scanners on the gates (those bright red circles).

I don't think they'll have any impact on the VIP line. I bet they mount these just before the lift chutes. You'll still have the big open area where the lift line attendant calls you out which is after the VIP line. All the groups will funnel down to the scanners and then into the lift chute.

It's definitely going to slow things down a bit as the lift grouper attendant is going to have to be slower at sending out groups to the scanners.

Disclaimer: I don't know for sure, just a SWAG and how I would do it...