Belleayre

OutCold

I'm picking my gear up Saturday...I hope belleayre can get top to bottom. Dime was saying about how Mount Snow could have more Turin options. I may have to schedule a few midweek days off in December to head north. Between boots, season pass and Jackson hole trip I'm booking soon , places like Belleayre are nice cause they don't cost 75 bucks for a lift ticket and some interesting runs. I wonder how much snow they got today.

For bonus points can someone tell me how far blue mountain ski area is from belleayre as the crow flys?

$75? Mount Snow is chargeing $55 for full day $45 for half day. They opened today w/ 3 top to bottom runs currently 2 off Summit Express 1 off Carinthia maybe more by the weekend. They can really lay the snow down fast with all their fan guns. Bell will most likely be its usually few hundred feet of vert off Lift 7 on Onteora. I guess your not interested?

Edited by DiMe

Mt. Snow is also going to be PACKED.. Only 2 places open in VT on t-day weekend...

This is most likely going to be the truth. It was 3 places for t-day Okemo also opened today and Stratton will be opening this weekend though so hopefully the crowds will spread out a bit.

Edited by DiMe

This is most likely going to be the truth. It was 3 places for t-day Okemo also opened today and Stratton will be opening this weekend though so hopefully the crowds will spread out a bit.

Actually 5 places open in VT for T-Day if you want to include the Northern mountains Stowe and Sugarbush was also open. Smugglers Notch will also be opening this Sat, the season is finally here.

Edited by DiMe

Actually 5 places open in VT for T-Day if you want to include the Northern mountains Stowe and Sugarbush was also open. Smugglers Notch will also be opening this Sat, the season is finally here.

Yes but regardless, your paying premium dollar to ski a few crowded runs and drive longer. When you could do the same thing at belleayre and save a few bucks.

55 bucks to ride a few top to bottom runs is a bit much. At least at the beast you can get the 2for1 tix.

Yes but regardless, your paying premium dollar to ski a few crowded runs and drive longer. When you could do the same thing at belleayre and save a few bucks.

55 bucks to ride a few top to bottom runs is a bit much. At least at the beast you can get the 2for1 tix.

This is true, I'll most likely be flying solo if I go anywhere so the 2 for 1 tix wont apply. It all depends how I feel health wise weather I go anywhere since I've felt kind of under the weather today. I was figuring if I do VT I will leave 5 or 6 am Sat and do an afternoon half day at Mount Snow if it's not insanely packed spend the night somewhere nearby and do an early half day Sunday before heading back. Otherwise maybe leave later Saturday spend the night and just do Killy Sunday. I'm definitely more concerned with crowds rather than cost.

so true. everybody's hype on VT but honestly I'd rather save my money and go ski it when it's not a WROD. lift tickets seriously blow big time.

I think Onteora is actually open from the top to the bottom of that lift... Coldest temps would have been at the top barring an inversion... Website doesn't show them making snow on anything else right now, but knowing how they update their website, I am sure they are working on some other terrain during the day while the mountain is open...

I got an appointment on Tuesday at 3:30, so I'll pack some sleep gear just in case it's worth staying for the AM session on Tuesday. I can't get motivated to drive to Kmart or Jay at this point until the snow loads and more terrain is available. Midweek weather is looking a little sad as well, maybe the higher elevations will get some.