2010/2011 Season Passes

Switchsideskier.

hmmm aspen or blue, i'd be questioning that too :blink: the race clinic was a little rough last year - especially in the middle "transition". much rougher for you - you gots skilz and don't need the bullshit that was thrown out there. a few of us talked about doing the masters program this year instead but it got shit canned. any ways nastar glenn, greg and i are doing the tuesday clinic again, gluttons for punishment i guess :banghead join us for some beers at least if your bagging the clinic :cheers: if youre around, need a fix for your racing jones and wanna race mondays with some hacks lemme know... looking forward to skiing with ya!

The "transition" is one of the issues I have, but not the only one. By the way, the "transition" has a name that I will not mention in this public forum. I don't think I have given you my opinions from last year yet; perhaps I will when we share our first chair together. Mbike-ski; I want to race but I don't have a team. I'm in for Monday nights. I just don't have any friends that want to race with me. I crashed and burned last year making that post asking for others to race with. If I do the Monday night races than I will do the Tuesday night clinic to get some gate training. I probably won't do the clinic if there is no Monday night team. P.S. - I am writing to you from inside the hallowed halls of justice in City Hall, Philadelphia. Don't tell the client. "No your honor, I'm not ready for my cross-examination, I have to finish my post on PASR first. May I request a recess?"

• Like 2

The "transition" is one of the issues I have, but not the only one. By the way, the "transition" has a name that I will not mention in this public forum. I don't think I have given you my opinions from last year yet; perhaps I will when we share our first chair together. Mbike-ski; I want to race but I don't have a team. I'm in for Monday nights. I just don't have any friends that want to race with me. I crashed and burned last year making that post asking for others to race with. If I do the Monday night races than I will do the Tuesday night clinic to get some gate training. I probably won't do the clinic if there is no Monday night team. P.S. - I am writing to you from inside the hallowed halls of justice in City Hall, Philadelphia. Don't tell the client. "No your honor, I'm not ready for my cross-examination, I have to finish my post on PASR first. May I request a recess?"

I'm looking for people to race with on Mondays possibly.

I want to race but I don't have a team. I'm in for Monday nights. I just don't have any friends that want to race with me.

P.S. - I am writing to you from inside the hallowed halls of justice in City Hall, Philadelphia. Don't tell the client. "No your honor, I'm not ready for my cross-examination, I have to finish my post on PASR first. May I request a recess?"

sure ya do, i'm in for mondays this year :cheers:

sustained!!! :rofl

They gonna scan peoples pockets? Will there still be scanning people in at the upper and lower lodges? If it's before opening time they will still need someone to keep people off the slopes. Or maybe they will let earlybirds line up at the lifts like every other resort in the world.

The rf signal should be picked up no matter where it is on you...at breck and key they tell you to keep it around your neck but I just shove it somewhere in my jacket or pants

Now that you said that I have no clue what they're gonna do about keeping people off the mountain. They gotta do something, otherwise people will be skiing down from the top lodge

I want to since it's on Razors now..just for the fun of it..I don't have race skis or a speedsuit..

That stuff is all for show, I love creaming the kids in the race program haha

The rf signal should be picked up no matter where it is on you...at breck and key they tell you to keep it around your neck but I just shove it somewhere in my jacket or pants

Now that you said that I have no clue what they're gonna do about keeping people off the mountain. They gotta do something, otherwise people will be skiing down from the top lodge

Lol I asked the lady who printed my pass where it should be and she states "ANYWHERE ON YOUR BODY" I responded "Oh ya anywheres :P"

funny cause I ski really fast when there are no gates and really slow with gates..I know 10 year olds beat me when I did Nastar a couple years ago..hopefully the course on Razors won't be so offset..tough to maintain speed while skiing across the slope..

We shall see..Let me know if you are gonna do it

funny cause I ski really fast when there are no gates and really slow with gates..I know 10 year olds beat me when I did Nastar a couple years ago..hopefully the course on Razors won't be so offset..tough to maintain speed while skiing across the slope..

Having seen you ski, its pretty obvious. They're called edges. You've obviously never met them. Oh, and that ass sticking out backseat style probably isn't helping either.

• Like 1

YES! And git rid of the 80 year old ticket seller that has a horrible attitude!

I went up Wednesday to pick up my season pass. I saw her in the window, and she just grunted at me. Then the red-haired lady helped me out, and she was totally cool. Really nice and invited me to look around all the new stuff.

As for my pic on the pass, it's beyond terrible. It looks like someone drew it with a shotgun.

I went up Wednesday to pick up my season pass. I saw her in the window, and she just grunted at me. Then the red-haired lady helped me out, and she was totally cool. Really nice and invited me to look around all the new stuff.

As for my pic on the pass, it's beyond terrible. It looks like someone drew it with a shotgun.

HAHHAA Honestly she should just retire, she has the worst customer service skills EVER

But yes I agree they are horrible and nobody will see them since they will be in your pocket, coat etc but still haha

on the whole passes deal there will be 1 to 2 people scanning tickets the handheld way like the previous years but at the main st burma vista lifts with an extra 1 to 2 back ups just incase an unruly customer gets uneasy.

i know people are going to complain about having to take the pass out of their pocket. you can scan the pass inside the clothing but you have to be no more than 6 inches away from the area the pass is in and even then it dosent work properly its really unreliable doing it that way. the company that makes the scanner says it should work up to 12 inches away but clearly it dosent work that far..... go figure. pass has to be out to be scanned if everyone wants fast process thru the main st burma vista lifts.

scanners will give info on vertical, which lifts you take the most, times youve been scanned, total time spent at blue mountain from first to last scan, last time youve visited the mountain, full name and contact info etc. lots of details.

vip line will be off to the left of the scanners like previous years. they will be worked by hand stamp... now dont quote me on that but it sure sounds like thats what dave said..... sounds weird. figured a hand scanner would be sufficent for vip.

to answere questions on the whole situation of friends giving friends passes because of the rfid crap.... im sure people will try it but they will fail if that person decides to take a lift that requires the pass to be removed from a pocket to be scanned.

im not sure if i am forgetting anything else i think i covered much of it.

Edited by Nidecker25

what do you mean by handstamp????

Wow grabbing pass from pocket many many times is gonna be a stoke stomper...at least early season when it's just the main street chair..there will be alot of lost passes if people forget to rezip pocket everytime..gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself..

handstamp? didnt get much clairification on that one. ill ask more next week when i go up for cross training.

yeah you cant punch a hole in it either so attaching it to a body part is a no go. i guess we will all find out eventually how this new program will work and how well/bad it will work. i hope there is a better way then to pull it out of a pocket but it dosent look good.

but you know what if thats the case it really wont matter much for us cause 99.9% of the time we use the quad and six pack.

okay let me rephrase that 99.9% of the time we use the six pack laugh.gif

Edited by Nidecker25

to answere questions on the whole situation of friends giving friends passes because of the rfid crap.... im sure people will try it but they will fail if that person decides to take a lift that requires the pass to be removed from a pocket to be scanned.

its easier than it sounds to use someone elses pass. its up to the scanner to catch it and ask personal info.

face mask/goggles/long crowd que... its sort of easy to be honest.

and the rfid tag is only like 2 square inches. shouldnt take up the entire pass so you can punch a whole in it. thats just dumb as hell if you cant. trying to fumble around with gloves on looking for a credit card sized slippery plastic thing in a pocket you cant even open with gloves in the first place. how do they expect you to wear your pass? i find it hard to believe blue is the first resort in the world to not be able to put a whole in their pass because its rfid.

handstamp things sounds ridic too.

Edited by Shadows

maybe he meant handscan...? hopefully keeping your pass in one of those clear plastic pass holders in your jacket will do the trick. having to pull it out all the time is going to cause more problems than it'll solve.

a clear pass pocket? lol

people ski in jeans and starter jackets.