12/26 JF Trip Report

C1erArt

Got there about noon, lodge was more crowded than last weekend, but still plenty of room. Saw from phresheez that PARidgeRacer was around somewhere. Headed over to east mountain and ran Floyds for the first time this season. Saw JFSkiDan and PARidgeRacer from the lift go down upper Elevator glade and off Elevator. Tried to get a helmet cam, but it didn't turn out. Ran Elevator a bunch of times, not much room on the right for that second turn. PEs were grippy enough to bite into the hard pack. Run out was a little iffy. Finished up with Happy Time (new sign on Challenge Glade) and an aborted run on the Exhibition moguls (light too flat). Snow picked up around 3, so decided to get home while I still could. Great day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc8FWqeqtjY

Judging from the coating on the tree tops, they blew snow towards risk it. Saw a couple of race kids go off it b

last weekend from the lift it sure did look like it was getting a ton of snow on it. forgot to go check it out though. the glades are great, and they are really paying attention to them.

But i feel like complaining: i am somewhat dissapointed with the elevator and elevator glade. just doesnt seen like its getting the love it got last year. theres no landing to the elevator what so ever. 2 quick turns and you have to ski off the side. you have to pick your way through the e-glade boulder field, needs more snow.

this storm wasnt quite what we were hoping for.

a little help Heather? Guido?