Blue Sold!

LineSki

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, "owned" is catching someone being inconsistent or hypocritical?

27797[/snapback]

nah, it's broader then that. If i beat someone in a race, i "owned" them. Skidude walks by, and I trip him, i "owned" him. Greg falls skiing in the trees and hits his ballz, he got "owned" by the tree. Your dog finally eats that bird thats been flying into your window, that bird got "owned". you name it, and it can be owned.

oh, btw,

gallery_1_36_296584.jpg

My aunt was talking about this to me at supper tonight. I told her that I bought a pass this year and she said "did you know blue is for sale" and I just said I don't know for sure but I heard rumors about it, and she said that there was an article in the paper awhile back, but the only one I could remember was about the condos.

• 5 months later...

in just saying 'blue', you might want to be a bit more specific. Blue Marsh, a 300' vertical gem just outside Reading closed up shop and sold all their goods back in November (thats cats, skis, lifts, shacks, snowtubes, you name it, they auctioned it). I don't know what became of the property, but i'd be interested to find out.

this dinky little hill holds a special place with me, becuase back in third grade, on a slushy march day, i clicked into a pair of skis for my first time and was hooked from then on. i never went back, and now kind of regret it, i wish i could have given it one more go...maybe sometime when it snows this winter, i'll head on up and give it a good hike, for old time's sake...

haha, sorry, got a little emotional there for a second...

Selling Blue could only be a good thing. Get some investors in here with some cash for decent snow making and grooming, new runs, new lifts and a decent lodge. I would gladly buy a condo or two and may even look forward to skiing at Blue again. After a week at Beaver Creek, I can't bring myself to go there yet. It's just sad......... So much potential. Oh well, Going to Elk next week.

How was Beaver Creek? Was there powder? If you think it will be tough for you to return to Blue after a week in CO how do you think it was for me last season after 18 months in Montana. For me skiing is just to wonderful to let a day pass by. The snowmaking at Blue mountain is great. They do slack on the grooming though. I don't think they make enough passes and their twice daily grooming which they used to always do doesn't happen much. Back when I was in high school...gasp..10 years ago, they did twice daily grooming everyday. I don't want condos at Blue, I don't want a fancy lodge, I don't want a members only locker room. I want it to be pretty bare bones, not another Windham or Stratton. The day they put up a clock tower at Blue mountain will be a sad day.

The Beav was awesome! 5 days straight on a great base and two powder days to boot! I don't need a fancy lodge, just one that doesn't wreak of piss and has enough room to change into boots and such. I wouldn't mind a little better food. The entire lower lodge smells like bad french fries and onion rings. I wouldn't mind a private locker. One that I could leave stuff in and was away from crying little kids and little sh*thead-gansta-boarders. So pathetic. It always makes me laugh when you go out west and see such talented boarders and twin-tippers who are polite and cautious. Then you go to east-coast slopes and its like a badge of honor to be an ass*ole. amazing, I skied 5 days and only had one instance of a heel-side beginner not looking who then apologized. Also the vert, The main run out to the lift at Beavear Creek is Centential, its steeper than the top of razors edge and is about 1,000' its a blue. I think main street is about a green/blue out there. Oh well. Montana is beautiful. What moutain did you ski at? Almost bought at Moonlight BAsin (big Sky)

• 2 months later...

Everyone in pasr should take out a loan and put all our money together and buy blue mountain. :D Wouldnt it be sick to ahve a PASR Mountain?

We could be a co-op like MRG. Although from reading the "dream mountain" posts, we would probably fight a lot. Maybe we could get VTMark's g-friend to referee.