Still Open

VTSKI

With the snow we received Monday and more snow in the forecast Camelback plans to resume operations on Thursday, March 24, 2011 from 9am to 4:30pm. We will be offering $25 lift tickets for all ages Thursday through Sunday. Continue checking skicamelback.com for more details.

Corona Beach Party Weekend.

Saturday enjoy the sounds of Parrot Beach in the Thirsty Camel.

Corona will be on hand in the Thirsty Camel to give away a board on Saturday and tons of other swag throughout the weekend.

Event location: Main Base Area and the Thirsty Camel

Event start: 3/26/2011 10:00:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the good old days...pre 2007..Blue typically opened a week before Camelback, JF/BB, Bear Creek and Montage. Was great seeing all the season passholders from other mountains enjoying Blue at half price with just Main Street and maybe Lazy mile open.

In the good old days, Blue also stayed open longer in the spring..at least 3 times I remember April closings including 2007..remember Gaper Fools day at Blue..good times..

Blue still has better terrain than Camelback..and it's where the cool people ski.. :nana

amazing what money will do right.

Had a fun day there, Hump and Rocket were ungroomed and open at 9, I surfed on the Armadas and did a good job busting crust on Rocket. My first pass down Rocket was littered with patrollers on their backs with buried skis and a few boarders. Then they closed Hump and eventually closed Rocket because it was too crusty for the herd. I poached 3 more runs, the snow underneath was nice. Otherwise, it was groomer paradise with nice fairly soft conditions and great coverage. Elk should be tits tomorrow if anyone ventures out Friday. Oh, and SCamelack....$3 for a pretzel at the bar? GTFO. What yer still missing is a ferris wheel and a petting zoo to round out the insanely overpriced amusement park ya got there.

The first pic shows my handy work on Rocket. 75% of those trax are mine, lulz.

post-2366-0-70048900-1301000205_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-32755200-1301000241_thumb.jpg

Edited by moeghoul

Had a fun day there, Hump and Rocket were ungroomed and open at 9, I surfed on the Armadas and did a good job busting crust on Rocket. My first pass down Rocket was littered with patrollers on their backs with buried skis and a few boarders. Then they closed Hump and eventually closed Rocket because it was too crusty for the herd. I poached 3 more runs, the snow underneath was nice. Otherwise, it was groomer paradise with nice fairly soft conditions and great coverage. Elk should be tits tomorrow if anyone ventures out Friday. Oh, and SCamelack....$3 for a pretzel at the bar? GTFO. What yer still missing is a ferris wheel and a petting zoo to round out the insanely overpriced amusement park ya got there.

Was there almost all day Moe didn't see ya there. 9:10-11:30 then had to go practice safety with a friend and get lunch and came back 1-:3. Was a great day all in all especially when the sun came out. I wish it hadn't been so crusty on Hump and Rocket but couldn't ask for a better late March day at the Camel.

I was part of the herd, but I do sux. Thx for breaking a path on the bumps too. You the guy sporting the suspenders and hunting shirt?

I was part of the herd, but I do sux. Thx for breaking a path on the bumps too. You the guy sporting the suspenders and hunting shirt?

There was a guy sporting hunting pants, grey plaid, not sure if he had a matching shirt or not. I think he said they were LL Bean pants, we saw him in the lodge booting up. My buddy thought they were Johnson wool pants. My dad's hooking me up with german lederhosen knickers. Bringing some Fahrvergnuegen to the gaper scene next season, and yodlin in the gullies.

post-2366-0-59852000-1301080000_thumb.jpg