Nestor's to Close; Where do I go to get boots fitted??

JollyJake99

The title says it all.

The report in the paper says they will be closing in June & that Buckman's will operate at the McArthur road location from Oct thru March. But seriously, where would be the best place to go to get boots fitted? I was planning on a new pair for next season.

Just got some new boots and custom orthotics at salters a couple weeks ago. George Salter does the fitting himself and has many years of experience. They were written up in skiing magazine a bunch of years back. Havent had a chance to break in the boots yet, but its clear they know what they are doing over there.

Henio's has a really good reputation. I know a few people who have gotten their boot fitting done there and they are pretty happy with the results. I checked them out late in the season last year and while thorough in the boot fitting, their offerings were slim due to the time of year.. D&Q in South Jersey is also susposed to be decent but I don't have other feedback on them. Edited by RootDKJ

Got fitted at Salters a few weeks ago, and they did a great job, especially with the biomechanics of skiing and making orthotics. They don't have a shitload of stock or anything, but they do boots well.

And yeah, that's right. I got ski boots. Look out.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the bright side, at least you guys have some options... Even in Southern Jersey. Closest ski shop to me that is a full service shop is in Newark, DE, nearly 1.75 hours away... :banghead

And ski bums selection in newark in thinning out.