So, you want to move to CO

sibhusky

my company is hiring web designers, web developers, sys admins, and qa/testers. the project i'm working on is really exciting, streaming, place shifting, media, so on and so forth. not sure how much i can really talk about publicly, so if you are remotely interested get in touch privately. great salary, great bennies, and i can mountain bike out the back of the office.

my company is hiring web designers, web developers, sys admins, and qa/testers. the project i'm working on is really exciting, streaming, place shifting, media, so on and so forth. not sure how much i can really talk about publicly, so if you are remotely interested get in touch privately. great salary, great bennies, and i can mountain bike out the back of the office.

hmmmm B)

heh...sad, but true. I'd get more days out west next year if I continue at my current employer. :banghead

hmmm...skiing 2 days a week October through June + ~2 weeks vacation. That's about 80-90 days you could ski out west.. I'd say you'd get more days in living out here...

• Like 2

Well, a full time job in CO, still gives him maybe a week vacay plus 6 x 4 x 2 weekends minimum ski time, say 54 days...of COLORADO skiing? C'mon, you can't count days at Blue in the same breath as days in Colorado.

But he skied 25 days in the Rockies without having to move or take a lower paying job. That to me is really good and mid season days at that. No BS early and late season.

Who says the jobs out there are lower-paying? Or that late season is BS skiing? Certainly not this year in Rockies. We closed with a record base that got deeper and deeper. There is still snow half way down the mountain even now and the altitude here is nowhere near as high as Colorado.

But he skied 25 days in the Rockies without having to move or take a lower paying job. That to me is really good and mid season days at that. No BS early and late season.

I'll give you that early season is BS skiing (its about the same as it is ALL SEASON in Pennsylvania). However, late season (May/June) is probably my favorite time to ski. Big lines start opening up that blow away anything you can find in bounds at any ski resort in the world.

• 1 month later...

Moonlight Colorado?

Well, when it was first mentioned in Epic, I thought it was in Co. I was surprised when I saw it was Moonlight today, but it's posted in that thread. I guess I should have titled it, "So, you want to live out West.." Reading the initial topic, it was clear the job was in Montana.

• 2 weeks later...

paying assloads of money to fly in and ski in aspen while living in the lehigh valley < living and working in colorado year round. if you don't agree than you're an idiot, not sayin, just sayin.

edit: not to mention he'll prolly spend more on one trip out than i do for my entire ski season. spend it if you've got it i guess, but it seems ridiculous.

edit2: why the fuck do i still even post here.

Edited by nick malozzi
  • Like 3

paying assloads of money to fly in and ski in aspen while living in the lehigh valley < living and working in colorado year round. if you don't agree than you're an idiot, not sayin, just sayin.

edit: not to mention he'll prolly spend more on one trip out than i do for my entire ski season. spend it if you've got it i guess, but it seems ridiculous.

edit2: why the fuck do i still even post here.

you left out the off season benefits. the biking, climbing, kayaking, rafting, and pretty much everything else outdoors, except for the beach, is nicer out there too.

• Like 2