SP pricing is out

rummy

Definitely isn't cheap. I'm more concerned about "upgrades." Did they post that with the SP? Unless I lived right beside the mountain, I would have trouble justifying $735... And I am one of the biggest Elk fans ever. As long as they break even and stay open I am happy, but if I had been a long time SP holder, I'd be depressed over that price... Half the price of Sugarbush and not Sugarbush...

I usually ski between 30-35 days a year. That works out to $20-$25. a day. We have a lot of great times for 25 bucks. And that's what skiing is all about! Besides, we have a tradition of looking at it this way; The first run of the season costs us (the season pass price) $735.....and all the rest are FREE. B)

• Like 2

Definitely isn't cheap. I'm more concerned about "upgrades." Did they post that with the SP? Unless I lived right beside the mountain, I would have trouble justifying $735... And I am one of the biggest Elk fans ever. As long as they break even and stay open I am happy, but if I had been a long time SP holder, I'd be depressed over that price... Half the price of Sugarbush and not Sugarbush...

The letter told about doing major upgrades in the picnic lodge, "half-way house" as the locals call it. They also said they bought three more high performance Aero fan guns, and put 23 "airless" snow gun stations on the mtn. Of course! they planted more pine trees again.

And to think I was just complaining about Blue's pass being $635 before Nov 15. Although, the cost/run due to crowds at Blue is probably lower at Elk :yes

x2 And the snowmaking and grooming are better, with generous amounts of lake effect snow falling. (Wow, I didn't think Blues' season passes were that costly). Yes, I'm biased.

Snow quality is definitely better at Elk all around... No question. Cost per run is probably less at Blue since high speeds allow for more runs. It also pays for an SP since Elk doesn't offer many discounted tix at other venues. That being said, still my favorite in NEPA. At least the day tix are comparable to other mountains. I wonder how many SPs they sell a year at Elk compared to other area mountains with a closer population base...

Elk is a good mountain to be locked into if your a weekend skier, but at that price, with travel costs, it's expensive for sure... Its a shame that someone in the Poconos hasn't created a joint pass or discount card... They had one in the skillz a couple years ago that seemed to work well. I don't think they offered it last season...

East coast season pass prices are unbelievable. They've just announced a tie up betweeen Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows allowing you to use both resorts on one ticket or pass (and yes, they are "linked" by KT22), a combined unlilmited season pass is $799 for adults, with the christmas and presidents day/MLK blackouts but still 7 days a week, this drops to $599.

Might be the first time I buy a season pass in Tahoe.

$735 to ski Elk is ridiculous,

No argument there... We have a much smaller profit margin due to snowmaking costs and infrastructure, so I would expect to see some higher season pass prices... It's never going to change, but it would be nice if it would... Gets more ridiculous every year...

$359 for my season pass to Loveland and it enables me to buy 2 $17.00 youth lift tickets per day. May try a different mountain next year for a season pass but Loveland is close and I can sneak up there while the boys are in school.

Didn't know Elk and Blue where so pricey. Makes JFBB seem pretty cheap ($499 last year).

the camelback $199 pass that is good all the time except during the day saturday and sunday (still is good for nights those days) is looking mighty tempting

They brought that back that cheap?

JFBB doesn't compare to Blue and Elk.

If you stacked BB on top of JF, it might compare...

But its not the truth. It's a ridiculous statement especially coming from you as I appreciate most of your posts. I know, maybe we can stack 8 big boulders on top of 1 jack frost and that'll compare to Jackson Hole!

You're supposed to compare mountains to molehills, not molehills to molehills. If you think Elk's unbelievably gnarly terrain is worth the extra 250 over Jack Frost then you must spend your evenings diving into a money pit like scrooge mcduck.

I haven't been to JFBB, so my comment was unfounded at best... I was just referring to the vert (and then it would be larger by about 150'). I have already stated I wouldn't pay for an Elk season pass. It really is too expensive for the "gnarly" terrain, if we want to call it that lol. If I were to get a pass between Elk or JFBB and lived between the 3 of them, I'd probably take JFBB because of the early season offering, varied terrain between the two mountains, and their close proximity. I can't justify $735 for Elk. I haven't checked, but I'd imagine not even Springs or Blue Knob is close to that price. I'll make it a point to get to JFBB next season so I can at least compare the mountain terrain to Elk's. Right now I only compare it to Blue, Shawnee, Sno, and CB because that's where I've been. A comparison between pass cost and terrain would be a better indicator but is just not possible due to my lack of first hand riding at JFBB. And JFBB may have a step up there because of on map legal glades. I'll have to check it out. Not trashing the mountain or it's terrain, just the vert. Short sighted and duly noted.