Jack Frost - 1/8

JFskiDan

Got on the ice a little late today, about 9:30. first stop was at the top of challenge glade, which i could see my reflection on. Everything else was shaved ice on top of ice. Made 4-5 runs and called it quits. Friday was great, saturday warmed up too fast, and today just out right sucked.

Just got back. Dan it actually got better as the day went on. I had little ridge racer with me who did amazing for her first day of the season,. The snow got sugary with increased traffic as the day wore on.

Anyway just a few observations since this was my first day on East Mt this season. Challenge glade seems to officially be known as Happy Land now with the new trail sign. I also noticed a new sign marking the run through the trees that takes you from Happy Land to River Shot called "Marks Way". Theres also a new sign under the East Mt lift about half way down in the trees called "Docs Way". The Little Cliff Huck is no more. The boulder that stood there a at one time is now in pieces. It looks like they took a stick of dynomite to it. Once snow covered will be skiable however. The new and improved Risk It looks sweet. There's a new trail sign that reads "dare to Risk it?" that stands in front of a narrow pathway which eventually leads to to the cliff / tree run. Once winter finally gets here east mt will be lots of fun.

Got on the ice a little late today, about 9:30. first stop was at the top of challenge glade, which i could see my reflection on. Everything else was shaved ice on top of ice. Made 4-5 runs and called it quits. Friday was great, saturday warmed up too fast, and today just out right sucked.

if that's what you guys at jf call ice, don't ever come to blue. conditions up at frost today were perfectly skiable with sharp edges. BMTroubleMaker can vouch, he skied blue before coming up to frost today.

• Like 2

The new and improved Risk It looks sweet. There's a new trail sign that reads "dare to Risk it?" that stands in front of a narrow pathway which eventually leads to to the cliff / tree run. Once winter finally gets here east mt will be lots of fun.

Did they do some clearing to the right and below the clump of rhododendrons to the right of Risk It? I seem to see some hay over there.