Taos

NMSKI

Just finished finalizing the plans for March 3 - 10 in Taos. Skied there a good amount growing up and in HS but haven't been there in about 10 years or so.

Wondering if anybody here has been there and what they think about it.

If it doesn't dump while I'm there I better make sure my bump skiing is on point, I remember that for sure.

I skied there 5 or 6 years ago, but I thought it was awesome. The hike to terrain is really fun. If you go to taos you should try to get a day in at wolf creek which is not too far away. That place is amazing.

LOVE Wolf Creek. Used to ski there a lot and do the snowcat rope tow to the waterfall area before the put in the lift that accesses that side.

taos is Kachina and Kachina is the shit

Hell yeah. I've been trying to get in the kind of shape I need to be in for the hour-plus long hike at 12K feet. Need a couple more storms before the chutes and main street open though. Should be good by March but you never know.

heard from a few sources that arizona snowbowl by flagstaff is where it's at. not NM obviously but in the area. place is a secret

Drove past it a few times on the way to the Grand Canyon. Looks cool. They have bowl up top that looks sweet but the place in general is not very big. I've read that the snow isn't the greatest although I think they finally got snowmaking for this season.

Edit - I get it. You're kidding. right.

Edited by Ridge Racer

Hell yeah. I've been trying to get in the kind of shape I need to be in for the hour-plus long hike at 12K feet. Need a couple more storms before the chutes and main street open though. Should be good by March but you never know.

My ass is slow but I always get there..lol

Snowbowl goes off after a storm from what I've heard, but I've only been there in weak snow years and it sucked. Apparently there is awesome side/backcountry there, but again, the snow is needed.

I rode at snowbowl and ski apache and one of them is on tribal land, the tribe apparently was not cool with the white man meandering away from their resort and got surprisingly up in our face about it. Great slack but don't want to deal with that shit....I want to say it was Apache but I don't remember.

One of them has a lift with a funny A name that accesses great terrain above the lift.

My ass is slow but I always get there..lol

I rode at snowbowl and ski apache and one of them is on tribal land, the tribe apparently was not cool with the white man meandering away from their resort and got surprisingly up in our face about it. Great slack but don't want to deal with that shit....I want to say it was Apache but I don't remember.

One of them has a lift with a funny A name that accesses great terrain above the lift.

Definitely Snowbowl you are thinking of. The Hopi Tribe sued the resort to prevent snowmaking as well. I guess this has recently been settled/dropped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was getting my shit together for the trip and had an idea I'll throw out there to do something a little different and fun for a trip report. You guys tell me what you want to see in terms of pics from the trip, and I will do my best to make it happen. If theres something you were wondering about, whether its what a certain run looks like, or terrain features, or whatever I will try to get it on film. Kind of like a scavenger hunt for me. Throw your ideas up here and I will make a list and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't figure out how the fck to post my pics. Also accidentally erased my TR while trying to figure it out. I know, I'm an idiot. Can someone tell me how to put up pics? I have them on my hard drive but can't figure out how to get them into my post.

Can't figure out how the fck to post my pics. Also accidentally erased my TR while trying to figure it out. I know, I'm an idiot. Can someone tell me how to put up pics? I have them on my hard drive but can't figure out how to get them into my post.

www.photobucket.com. Git r done.

attachements fucking suck major balls, either they are so small you need an electron scanning microscope or you click on them and some shitty pic is blown up so large you can see every fucking pixel.

Use the img tags and find somewhere to host them, a tr is a story, tell a story.

• Like 3