Elk TR - Thurs. 3/22/12 - Closing Day

Rambo

I live in Binghamton, NY. - Drove down to Elk Mtn. in Northern PA for their last day of the season. A quick 44 mile drive. Lift tickets were $10. for the last day. Was surprised to find that Elk had groomed the trails. Got on the lift at 9:15am. As I skied by the old picnic lodge, Cornhead yelled out. He had just got there and we skied the rest of the day together. The base was firm and softened up nicely when the sun warmed everything up. Skied every run fairly fast... cruising speed. Mainly skied Susquehanna, Slalom and the Tioga cruising trail. I didn't ski the Tunkhannock mogul field but Cornhead did about 3 runs down it at the end of the day. Great sunny, warm day with great skiing. I skied Elk 3 times this season (usually ski Greek Peak w/seasons pass). Cornhead skied Elk, 5 times this season. Elk rocks - a skiers mountain.

If anybody gets a chance, check out Elk Mountain... it does NOT disapoint!

Looking down Susqehanna trail:

010-1.jpg

Slalom Trail:

057.jpg

Some beginners:

027-2.jpg

The case of the "exploding ski boot". A skiers older boot suddenly cracked apart and the whole front section fell off.

069.jpg

Snowboard girl:

001-2.jpg

Tunkhannock Mogul Field:

054-1.jpg

Top part of mogul field was bare for about 10 feet or so:

043-1.jpg

Cornhead crossing the bare section:

061-1.jpg

072.jpg

Cornhead skiing the mogul field:

064.jpg

A parting shot at the end of the day:

077.jpg

• Like 1

lol. Was it the lack of snow or the voyer shots? Either way this is one of the most unique TRs ever posted on PASR.

Come on - (voyer shots). I just took some random shots of boarders and skiers - and picked a couple to post with the TR.

Like this one of, chubby blonde skier chic:

004-3.jpg