I want to ski

phillycore

Now that I can't play afterwork due to standard time, I've turned the page on golf...bring on the snow!

As soon as I have to go with anything heavier than a windbreaker I turn the page on golf. I'm going to start shopping for some new boots this week, and maybe pick up some cheap skis too. I'm in the mood for some cold white stuff underfoot.

Looks like plenty of options are going to be out there this weekend if you care to take a drive to get at it. Killington and Okemo are both open t2b with double digits trails. Stowe and Sugarbush will both be open t2b. Loon will be open with downloading. Bretton Woods will be open with limited terrain. Sunday River and Sugarloaf will both be open t2b. I think Jiminy will also be open. Still not a full contingent, but the gaps are getting slowly filled in. By Thanksgiving, that number should jump a little but more.

Are the catskills opening? I'm too lazy to look?

Hunter, Windham, and Platekill have not started snowmaking in earnest. I'm not even sure they have tested the guns.

Belleayre has started blowing on their typical early season setup above the lookout lodge. I haven't seen anything on opening, but unless the long range gets better, it's going to be tough for them to open anytime around T-Day...