frost12/29

JFskiDan

Left at 1:30. Hard to leave. Definetly could have skied all day there. Looked like for a time they were going to open east mt lift to help with the lift line at challenge, but after 12 the line was pretty managable. Lesser crowds today. Snowmaking person told me 2 days for rivershot to open. Roads on the way home were horrible, like ice. Slid around quite a bit.

Thinking about a short session at BB tonight.

Dan the man said it all. Frost was awesome today, It snowed and snowed and snowed from open to close. Extremely busy day but managed to make a few runs with Dan and lunch with Phillycore who was also in the house. One Park was nice. Also skied the new and improved T Bolt glade - still thin in spots but it'll suffice if your looking for a little tree action. Happyland is also nice. Still hesitant to go too far in though. Damatte's around 2pm or so was Deion Sanders (Prime Time) with freshly fallen snow to plow though - so much fun. Roads were plowed out nicely around 4 or so and had no problems getting home. GREAT day!

Great day, skied from 8:30 to 11. Tried a few runs using Phresheez and a few using Ski Tracks down Tbolt and Challenge. Phresheez gave me an average of run max speeds of 25.3, and Ski Tracks of 30.6.

Phresheez max speed range was 22 to 28, and Ski Tracks range of each run's max speed was 27 to 36.

Looks like Ski Tracks is reading 5 mph high. A couple of years ago I compared Phresheez against a hand held Magellan, and they matched pretty well.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be windy.... What's Jack Frost like on a windy day typically. Wind holds?

I haven't been to frost in a couple years but I believe they're somewhat sheltered from the wind. I'm not sure about wind holds on lifts though as they're all fixed grip lifts.

I came, I skied, taught 1 private lesson, 1 group lesson... Got $20 tip which meant free lunch. Would have scored a free beer from a Pod member who fell in training but had to roll out at 3. I also scored a wicked sinus cold, but whatever. I like the bumps on the sides of tbolt and challenge. Glades are always my favorite.... Short lines, fresh pow refills... No complaints.... Quote of the day was from the "special" individual who was seated across from me, next to Dom at lunch who said... I like snow! It's better than hurricanes like Sandy. I agree young man....

• Like 2

Great day, skied from 8:30 to 11. Tried a few runs using Phresheez and a few using Ski Tracks down Tbolt and Challenge. Phresheez gave me an average of run max speeds of 25.3, and Ski Tracks of 30.6.

Phresheez max speed range was 22 to 28, and Ski Tracks range of each run's max speed was 27 to 36.

Looks like Ski Tracks is reading 5 mph high. A couple of years ago I compared Phresheez against a hand held Magellan, and they matched pretty well.

Did a head to head compare of Phresheez and the Navigon US and Canada Ski app. They agreed pretty well (Challenge and Tbolt maxed out at 32 on both for several runs - I was skiing faster today on my Rossis). The only significant difference was in Rivershot where P. had me max at 27 for both runs and N. had 39. I would go with Navigon - I was moving as fast as the skis would take me at the bottom of the run without tucking. Possibly P. lost the GPS signal or isn't taking readings frequently enough to catch the short section at the bottom if the headwall.

Fun day for sure. Tbolt glade is a nice addition for sure. Glades are skiing pretty well even for some thin coverage in spots. i hope the weather pattern reloads with some more freshness. the 2 snows we had were a big benefit. Conditions were really nice over the last 6 days.

• Like 1