racer ready!!!?!

mbike-ski

• 2 weeks later...

vroom vroom!!!

Monday Night Racing Starts Tonight! Please let your teams/team mates know.

Timed training runs will begin at 7pm on Razorback.

Registration starts at 6pm near the bar in the Summit Lodge. Team registrations, payment, and liability releases must be turned in prior to participation.

See you tonight!

I'm glad you said it first Atomic Jeff. I'm out too. It is in the high fifties and the roads are still wet down here in Philadelphia. I can't believe they want to hold this tonight.

I feel like they just want to get it over with and not have it go another week into Feb.

Last year was enough scary ruts and slush piles.

fun night! a mediocre night of ski racing and beer beats a good night of just about everything else...obviously conditions were less than stellar but it felt good to be back in the gates. apparently mack not fielding a team so there was some shuffling around - mason and mark wanted to ski with dave so they formed birds of prey, good luck guys! we picked up another dave and an open spot...paging bob, please report to the start gate! another change - no beer tix! supposedly due to new beer sponsorship/lcb regs (cough..bullshit!). lots of grumbling about beer and why it wasn't open to to the under 21 field then...as far as i'm concerned no biggee as long as they keep the beer specials going...$3 molson > free bud light.

the course, 24 gates no big surprises. first run was smooth as i was probably the 4th or 5th down the blue. conservative run to get the feel. 2nd one different story, lots of dsq's,dnf's and course maintenence stops. jerry b took quite a spill but seemed to be ok. the course deteriorated quickly even with the limited number of racers. went harder on the 2nd run, navigated the woopdeedoo on the 2nd gate and skid the flats cleanly only to ski out at the lower headwall, curse you 2nd gate! dave and glenn did 2 runs on red, no start order and the blue seemed to keep clogging up.

all in all a good start, resta you losers really shoulda came out!

IMG_20130114_213414_zpsdb786aba.jpg

IMG_20130114_213352_zps175d79e2.jpg