Sno Saturday 1-19

JFskiDan

You guys are going to have a great time tomorrow. I'm on the mountain now and they are blowing snow on every trail and the base area like crazy. The place is in great shape and it even looks like they are trying to open up the few trails that are still closed.

• Like 1

I'll be up there tomorrow morning. As far as the special goes, it says "weekends and holidays" on the website. Here's a link to the page: http://www.snomtn.com/index.php/tickets/2012-13-lift-tickets/ Glad to hear the conditions are looking nice.

Thats what I saw as well. Shouldn't be a reason they wouldn't honor.

Great morning of skiing. I suck at Nastar but had a great time in the north face area. White lightning never disappoints, and the snow was nice and soft. Had too much fun skiing to break out the phone for too many pics but got a couple of Ridge Racer on white lightning.

E4740D35-8237-4377-B157-C1CCFAE410EF-108

78382CE5-1751-41F8-933A-2FDD27C14383-108

Great day today. Arrived around 7:45, booted up and waiting for the ticket windows to open. On the way up we rocked out to Herman's Hermits, The Alan Parson's Project and Three Dog Night. After booting up we ran into KC who is a gentleman and a scholar. He welcomed us with open arms to his mountian. At that point NMSki arrived - who is a classy guy and a great skier to boot. After mistakenly getting on the lift that services the bunny slope we made our way down to the North Face. Conditions were top notch. Great job Sno. I'll call it Montage Magic Fluff and there was plenty of it. Seriously they must have blown sweet fan gun powder over night. White Lightning skied like a blue square. After lapping the North Face. we hit the Iron Horse for a top to bottom foray. We noticed the folks setting up NASTAR gates and I was hell bent on medaling so it was over to the NASTAR shack for a trial run back down to the Phoebe Snow via Boomer (I think). We headed back over to NASTAR. NM and JFDan skied their 2 runs but I wasn't leaving until I got at least a bronze. After coming oh so close a few times, I finally got my Bronze pin so I made my way down to the bottom the up the Phoebe Snow to meet JF Dan in the lot for a parking lot Rolling Rock. We were tempted to stop at Sheetz for Nachos but hit the Wendy's instead. Wonderful day at Sno plus it was great meeting a new PASR (NMSki).

I know KC values our opinions so I'll provide mine.

Pros - Snow conditions, NASTAR, grooming, customer service, prices

Cons - Lifts (The Iron Horse would stop every ten feet or so. It was frustrating when I was running NASTAR, coming one tenth of a second short then have to wait 20 minutes to get back up to the top of the course.) and the only other minor gripe. The ticket window needs to open earlier. They opened at 8:30 (right when the slopes opened) and a huge line formed, luckily we were up front.

It's been about 3 or 4 seasons or so since I've been to Sno and wont wait that long again. There are great people there working hard to put out a quality product so Head up to Sno throw them some love.

• Like 1

Really nice day at sno mountain, it was definetly an awesome change of pace from Frost. The snow was truly awesome today, and white lightning and boomer are definetly worth the price of admission.

We saw KC all over the place today, and he had his hands on pretty much everything, he is very visible, rather than sitting in an office, or posting online bullshit from behind a computer.

Met up with NMSki, good to make some turns with another Pasr.

i am definetly going to make a return trip for sure, i see no reason not to. The snow quality today was right up there with JFBB, and the one thing i noticed is they definetly have most of the mountain covered with fan guns.

KC, whats with the ticket window opening at 8:30? had a line of people there just dying to give the mountain money...thats my only gripe.

• Like 1

I was there this morning with a friend. Saw KC but he looked busy and I was with a friend so I didn't stop to talk. Thought I might catch him later but didn't get a chance before we left. Will make a point of it next time.

Agree with all the comments above. Snow was great. No lift lines. White Lightning skied like a blue with all that chalky powder today.

Agree they need to open the ticket windows sooner. I was there at 8:00 and was going to buy my ticket before I booted up but all windows were closed.

Only had the stopping problem on the Iron Horse on the last ride to get to the lodge. Spent most of the morning on the North Face.

Great blue sky morning. No wind. Great Snow. No crowds. Not a bad deal for $25.00.

Yeah the lifts are slow. But I bet people were standing in line for a fast lift at Camelback and Blue today for as long as it took to get to the top at Sno with no lift lines.

• Like 1

I was also there on Saturday with my 23 yo son. Great day as others have posted above, no line, snow was probably the best conditions I have skied in a long time.

I got to meet KC, he was all over the mountain. Introducted my self to him and chatted for a few minutes. Very nice man, that me and my son for coming up, very gracious.

The 25 dollar deal was great and the ticket was marked till 1300 (1pm). Awesome day. Cannonball was our run of the day, kind of steep at one headwall for an old guy like me, but with the great conditions it was a breeze.

• Like 1

Great day today. Arrived around 7:45, booted up and waiting for the ticket windows to open. On the way up we rocked out to Herman's Hermits, The Alan Parson's Project and Three Dog Night. After booting up we ran into KC who is a gentleman and a scholar. He welcomed us with open arms to his mountian. At that point NMSki arrived - who is a classy guy and a great skier to boot. After mistakenly getting on the lift that services the bunny slope we made our way down to the North Face. Conditions were top notch. Great job Sno. I'll call it Montage Magic Fluff and there was plenty of it. Seriously they must have blown sweet fan gun powder over night. White Lightning skied like a blue square. After lapping the North Face. we hit the Iron Horse for a top to bottom foray. We noticed the folks setting up NASTAR gates and I was hell bent on medaling so it was over to the NASTAR shack for a trial run back down to the Phoebe Snow via Boomer (I think). We headed back over to NASTAR. NM and JFDan skied their 2 runs but I wasn't leaving until I got at least a bronze. After coming oh so close a few times, I finally got my Bronze pin so I made my way down to the bottom the up the Phoebe Snow to meet JF Dan in the lot for a parking lot Rolling Rock. We were tempted to stop at Sheetz for Nachos but hit the Wendy's instead. Wonderful day at Sno plus it was great meeting a new PASR (NMSki).

I know KC values our opinions so I'll provide mine.

Pros - Snow conditions, NASTAR, grooming, customer service, prices

Cons - Lifts (The Iron Horse would stop every ten feet or so. It was frustrating when I was running NASTAR, coming one tenth of a second short then have to wait 20 minutes to get back up to the top of the course.) and the only other minor gripe. The ticket window needs to open earlier. They opened at 8:30 (right when the slopes opened) and a huge line formed, luckily we were up front.

It's been about 3 or 4 seasons or so since I've been to Sno and wont wait that long again. There are great people there working hard to put out a quality product so Head up to Sno throw them some love.

Sorry about the lift..we had a fault that was a SOB to locate...took a bit to nail it down. Funny, I myself was wondering why the ticket windows didn't open at 8:00 like the usually do, always pays to ask I guess, but..that won't happen again. Actually around 1pm we had to open all the windows....first time that has happened in a long long time we were that busy.

Glad I got a chance to meet some of you face to face and I hope it won't be the last time. I think I may have some of your pics in the NASTAR pic folder on the mountain FB...I'll link all the folders from the weekend in a bit.

Sorry I'm a bit short on comments and not writing my usual novel, but the past 4 days have been long & tiring, but at the same time great ones for Sno.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151415958551138.537735.288781601137&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151416231261138.537771.288781601137&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151416075226138.537750.288781601137&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151414687746138.537591.288781601137&type=1

Really nice day at sno mountain, it was definetly an awesome change of pace from Frost. The snow was truly awesome today, and white lightning and boomer are definetly worth the price of admission.

We saw KC all over the place today, and he had his hands on pretty much everything, he is very visible, rather than sitting in an office, or posting online bullshit from behind a computer.

Met up with NMSki, good to make some turns with another Pasr.

i am definetly going to make a return trip for sure, i see no reason not to. The snow quality today was right up there with JFBB, and the one thing i noticed is they definetly have most of the mountain covered with fan guns.

KC, whats with the ticket window opening at 8:30? had a line of people there just dying to give the mountain money...thats my only gripe.

It could have been something to do with our printers and CC processing machines. We had some phone line issues during the week that kept knocking things offline and making a mess...but that is only me speculating....I do know on Sunday they were open at 8am.

I was there this morning with a friend. Saw KC but he looked busy and I was with a friend so I didn't stop to talk.

Never let that stop you...I'm never too busy to talk to anyone at any point or any location, even if it's standing almost vertical on White Lightning.

• Like 1