Mount Snow or Stratton

Mess

I am heading up late February. I have been to Mount Snow, Stratton, Killington and Pico. My first Vermont trip about 6 years ago was at Mount Snow and I had a great time. I want to choose a Mountain that is best for skiers comfortable with Intermediate trails in the Poconos. My wife and father (62) are going. I remember Mount snow having a lot of nice Blue trails. Any thoughts?

I really enjoyed Stratton. Thought the Grizzly bar was cool and the lodge Mid mountain was nice too. I remember Mount Snow being fun, it was my first Vermont experience and did my first Black Diamond there. I have become a much more confident skier and wasn't sure if it would live up to my memories of it since I have been to Killington, Stratton and Pico more recently. I am excited about the intermediate trails and spending time with my family. I think Mount Snow id the way to go.

I think Pico has been my favorite Mountain so far. Anyone ever done Upper KA? Awesome trail.

Edited by Mess

The original question was which would be the best mt for intermediate trials, Sugarbush and Stowe would not be the best choice, by far Mt Snow for that particular question; while Sugarbush or Stowe may be bigger/more fun etc, for intermediate I would go to Snow, then maybe Stratton if you like crowds and the "Aspen wannabes", give me Bromley before Stratton.

Stowe has the best Blue trails in Vermont.

def, hands down stowe. must more interesting intermediate terrain (not neccessarily difficult, just not boring) and better snow conditions than anything you'll find in southern vt. loads of cruisers off mansfield, the gondola, and you def need to check out spruce peak (way under rated).

Toll house is the shit, I know long green groomers don't get much love but Toll House is the shit

i do like that part of stowe was well....fun, easy glades off of toll road. also, the snow stays fresher down there since hardly anyone bothers to go that way.