Killington Village Receives ACT 250 Approval

Ride Delaware ?

The Stratton deal isn't even that big. I wouldn't exen call it a village. It's one street of fauxness. Enough to annoy people I guess but it didn't bother me. The faux village at solitude reminded me of Stratton. What I could see from the lifts anyway.

I realize I sound like that old dude who's just angry because the places he liked inevitably changed. LOL

It changes these places though, Solly is a great example.

Solly was relatively quiet. It wasn't the LCC madhouse for pow and it lacked the younger crowd that hangs out at Brighton. Probably the best day I've ever had skiing was at Solly. It snowed like 4 feet in last couple of days and 20" or so the night before. Blue bird with the diamond dust shit. Solly had an old double that ran right up to the patrol shack across from where the village now sits, you can run a gate out there and traverse out past middle slope to where it runs into the permanent closure. It's maybe 1000 vert but big old bristle cone pines and little 5ft cliffs, my cousin and I ran that shit bell to bell with neck fucking deep blower. My legs were so cooked that the last few runs I just pointed them straight down hill. It was the most perfect day of skiing ever and at the new Solly that prolly ain't going to happen. In part the village and that mentality brought in an entirely new set of people and lots of them. It's like they are trying to make every place the same.

PS Burke is the shit, go there.

kNnctHX.jpg

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 3

Damn. Vermont doesn't have the allure that it used to for me. Only stowe which I have to ski at some point (a large for a lift ticket is flat out insanity though). Obviously not VT but I'm stoked to ski Gore on my wnep card this year

I'd like to get back to Gore this year. Depending on when you go, hit me up. If I'm up in VT, I'll make the drive over if I can.

PS Burke is the shit, go there.

Posted Image

I'd definitely like to get to Burke this year before it becomes all Jay resortified. The hotel was supposed to be under construction, but I heard that it's on hold for lack of EB-5 money. That may buy the old school Burke vibe an extra year, but I'd rather not run it down to the wire.

Elk will be the first to $1,000 season passes in PA I bet.

Sugarbush is about $1,600 for a season pass if you don't get it early season. Early season can chop off $300 or so, and you can always get a Mt. Ellen only pass which is about $750. College passes and for 20's pass is only $300 too. Or you can volunteer on patrol and get it for the price of 20 or so days of your time.

And, since the majority of condos are currently at South, that's where ours is.

Root I love you dude but that is the representation of everything evil and unholy about modern skiing. Its another Intrawest faux euro monstrosity buttfucked in to an existing environment.

Stratton was a VT deal until the late 70's when the current owners bought Bromely. The next year the weather sucked and Moore and Munger bought Stratton on the cheap. They then sold Bromely to Magic Mtn and installed the gondy and began work on the village. Eventually they got old and sold Stratton off to the Japansese who then sold it to Intrawest in 94. At this point the village really took off, I mean that's Intrawest's deal. Show up, crap money into a shitty knock off village that looks exactly the same everywhere, add in some lifts and call it a day. When you inevitably shit the bed ask the Canadian gov't for money because you got them in a pickle over the Olympics.

It's ugly, it doesn't fit VT or Stratton, it's not organic and it furthers this concept that snow sports are a country club like experience as well as the real estate scam business model.

I hope these villages burn to the ground along with the 115$ ticket business model. Shit DV is in the 80's and they carry your skis and the food is amazing, for 100+ Stratton wants they better be giving blowjobs on the gondy.

I like the mountain, but the village does nothing for me other than I can drunking stumble right from the bar to my room.

Ha ha I forgot all I about Intrawest. You should meet me at Mountain Creek one day. I'll buy you a beer when you puke after checking out their "village".

• Like 1

I like the mountain, but the village does nothing for me other than I can drunking stumble right from the bar to my room.

Ha ha I forgot all I about Intrawest. You should meet me at Mountain Creek one day. I'll buy you a beer when you puke after checking out their "village".

Did they try to build a village?

Did they try to build a village?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Creek

In 2002, Mountain Creek opened the first phase of their master-planned resort village, Black Creek Sanctuary, a luxury condo community. In winter 2003, construction began on The Appalachian, a luxury condominium and hotel built on the former parking lot of Vernon base. Parking was moved to the former location of Action Park's amusement ride and bumper boat area, and a fleet of shuttle buses run to every part of the resort. The hotel opened for the 2006–07 season

LOL,

Does Mtn Creek still have the tents that smell like socks.

Damn. Vermont doesn't have the allure that it used to for me. Only stowe which I have to ski at some point (a large for a lift ticket is flat out insanity though). Obviously not VT but I'm stoked to ski Gore on my wnep card this year

I'd like to hit up gore as well. I heard they have some decent glades when the snow is right.

by village, you mean bubble. right?

6195951823_f9b1c82deb.jpg

New-old owners tore that shit down after intrawest sold. built a real nice lodge in its place.

Is that the new lodge that is complete, or some new addition? Is that currently under construction?

A PASR day at Gore would be sweet. I'm in!!! I just can't imagine GSS being there since it isn't Steaux...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?