Eagle Rock?

Mess

We have spent the last 5 seasons there. All of my girls are on the snow at 3 and Eagle Rock was the perfect place for them to learn. There are never crowds or lines there and the bottom lodge is the nicest in PA IMO. Parking is great, I literally parked less than 100 feet from the lodge all of the 100 days I was there. Day pass prices are comparable to other places, but kids 6 and under are free. Season passes are cheap, $219 for adults and $169 for kids ages 7-17. They are only open Friday at 12 to Sunday at 4. The problem there is they are very limited with their snowmaking. The whole mountain does not open till MLK weekend. Because of low traffic they only groom on Friday and conditions are great on that day, not bad on Saturday and horrible on Sundays. We had 3 families up there every weekend and had the whole place to ourselves. There are 2 main lifts that run up the center next to each other so it's very easy to find your group, just wait at the bottom for a couple minutes. We decided against Eagle Rock for this season. The kids in our group are ages 3-9 and we were all getting bored there and were tired of driving past JFBB for 45 minutes to get there. For this year they are not open to the public, you can only ski there if you live there, are renting a home there or are a guest in there lodge.

it helps that eagle rock is a private community....keeps the riff-raff outta there. h-town is a dump....while the surrounding little villages and townships aren't bad, they still suffer greatly.

pc, i'm really puzzled as to why you don't consider bc's base lodge a base lodge? yes it's fancy, yes it's connected to the spa and the hotel....but how's that different than places out west? I def consider it a base lodge.

IMO a lodge is a simple A frame style building. Not connected to a hotel and spa. I like the lodge at boulder also. BC has a super nice facility. I wish it were at the base of a taller, colder mountain in a town with a vibe like lake harmony. If it were I would spend my weekends in the winter there. It's only 2 hours from me.

IMO a lodge is a simple A frame style building. Not connected to a hotel and spa. I like the lodge at boulder also. BC has a super nice facility. I wish it were at the base of a taller, colder mountain in a town with a vibe like lake harmony. If it were I would spend my weekends in the winter there. It's only 2 hours from me.

You would hate snowbasin.

• Like 3

. For this year they are not open to the public, you can only ski there if you live there, are renting a home there or are a guest in there lodge.

Wow, this surprises me. "Only open to the HO etc. not the general public".

I live about 50 mins away and would take my "kids" there for a lesson or two during the season, plus the tubing hill just for kicks.

Agree 100% on the parking, crowds(?) and grooming.

They haven't updated their website. It still has last seasons info. I'm on their email list and started hearing about it during last season. The home owners voted to keep the ski area private. That's what made us decide to switch to jfbb. Now I'm glad that I did. They were so slow to open new trails and that drive was too long.

NEWS FROM EAGLE ROCK

RESORT

Property Owner Ski Passes

First let me thank everyone who responded to the opinion letter relating to taking Eagle Rock private. The results were impressive - 90% of the respondents believe taking Eagle Rock private is a good idea! In keeping with our current efforts relating to taking Eagle Rock private, every Property Owner will now receive 40 ski passes. This change is effective immediately and you can pick up your passes at the ski shop.

- R. Mike Ward

Edited by poconoceancity

They haven't updated their website. It still has last seasons info. I'm on their email list and started hearing about it during last season. The home owners voted to keep the ski area private. That's what made us decide to switch to jfbb. Now I'm glad that I did. They were so slow to open new trails and that drive was too long.

more power to them if they have the cash to keep the ski hill up and running. there used to be another, albeit smaller, hill really close to my parent's house way back in the day called beach mountain lakes. they had one lift and two trails. we used to go sledding there. it too, was private access only. it closed down decades ago. I hope eagle rock doesn't bite the dust like beach mtn did.

I would imagine that they took it private because they financially believed they could pull it off. I am sure that the homeowners who rent their homes during ski season will be very quick to change their mind about the exclusivity if their rentals start to decrease. I wouldn't be surprised if it opens to the public again sometime in the future.

Eagle Rock doesn't make any money at all off of the ski area. It operates at a loss each year, but they keep it going to add to the appeal of the resort. It gets funded by other aspects of the operation.

I guess I don't know the specifics of the mountain/resort? I just thought it was your standard run of the mill mountain.

I guess I don't know the specifics of the mountain/resort? I just thought it was your standard run of the mill mountain.

nope....it's a private, gated community. the golf course there is really nice, i think they have a banquet facility there as well....but i'd speculate they make most of their money from the golf course and association fees.