Blue 12-4 night sesh

RidgeRacer

My daughter and I had a great time at Blue today.

We were there from about 9 to 2. Pretty much ski onto the lift all day except for around 10:30-11. Main Street was the run of the day, with better snow on skiers right. The park > (midway? the trail that was not the chute that brought you back to main street) was another favorite. Not that we hit the features, but my daughter likes hitting the ramps as jumps.

Boy, they really made the summit lodge nice....is that new this year? Last year we never set foot in it, parking and using the valley lodge instead. But that is really nice. Must be a great place to hang if you don't have a long drive home ahead of you. Would like to check it out when that out door food bar is going.

Great time today. Might be back next weekend, though we might give CB a go, depending on trail openings this week.

Should be a nice day tomorrow as well - enjoy.

Edited by tnt

My daughter and I had a great time at Blue today.

We were there from about 9 to 2. Pretty much ski onto the lift all day except for around 10:30-11. Main Street was the run of the day, with better snow on skiers right. The park > (midway? the trail that was not the chute that brought you back to main street) was another favorite. Not that we hit the features, but my daughter likes hitting the ramps as jumps.

Boy, they really made the summit lodge nice....is that new this year? Last year we never set foot in it, parking and using the valley lodge instead. But that is really nice. Must be a great place to hang if you don't have a long drive home ahead of you. Would like to check it out when that out door food bar is going.

Great time today. Might be back next weekend, though we might give CB a go, depending on trail openings this week.

Should be a nice day tomorrow as well - enjoy.

Glad you enjoyed your day at blue, but I'm gonna be that guy... PLEASE don't take a small child in a crowded park on the weekend and use the lips onto rails as jumps. I get that it's early season and may not be super crowded yet, but doing that mid season on lower park or sidewinder when it's crowded is going to result in someone getting hurt. I can't even count how many times I've seen parents bring their little kids through the park, let them ski up over jumps and then almost get landed on. Not trying to ruin anyone's fun, it'd just suck to see another kid get hurt by something so easily avoided.

Glad you enjoyed your day at blue, but I'm gonna be that guy... PLEASE don't take a small child in a crowded park on the weekend and use the lips onto rails as jumps. I get that it's early season and may not be super crowded yet, but doing that mid season on lower park or sidewinder when it's crowded is going to result in someone getting hurt. I can't even count how many times I've seen parents bring their little kids through the park, let them ski up over jumps and then almost get landed on. Not trying to ruin anyone's fun, it'd just suck to see another kid get hurt by something so easily avoided.

Valid concern. Not a small child though. And a very good skier, just not a park skier. We don't spend time in parks on crowded days, and my kids are well versed in safety around the mountain, including around park features. But I understand your concern.

Valid concern. Not a small child though. And a very good skier, just not a park skier. We don't spend time in parks on crowded days, and my kids are well versed in safety around the mountain, including around park features. But I understand your concern.

It'd be nice if more parents had their kids' safety in mind and taught them proper skiing etiquette like you did. Good job, sir. I, and all other park rats, thank you.

I don't even think I've been upstairs in the new lodge but they have weddings and stuff. If I ever get married, I'm getting married at the mall. The Allentown south mall...free soft pretzels to all the PASRs even TTC6

You really should take a walk through the upstairs, both sides totally redone with faux stone and some crazy changing back bar lighting.

Edited by indiggio