Montage mountain 1-12-14

RidgeRacer

Enjoying a classy Johnny rockets lunch in the lodge right now with mini Ridge Racer but arrived at 11 am to virtually no crowds and slopeside parking. Met with Dan the man and schif (nice to meet you today) by the lodge. Took a run on the upper mountain then spent the last two hours on the north face. The new and improved montage held up well after yesterday's rain. Most areas are decent but white lightning is the absolute shit. Snowy, Big ass bumps. A ton of fun and worth the trip up here alone.

• Like 1

The mountain was awesome today. Things started softening up around 10 or so and the north face, especially white lightning were skiing about as well as they ever have. Great snow, steep trails and parking lot beers made for a top notch day.

Just took home a bronze in NASTAR. It was my 3rd and final try. The odds were stacked against me. The heart was racing, the adrenaline was flowing. After coming less than a second short the last two runs, I began my journey into the unknown. It was all a blur until I got to the finish line. I stopped, looked up and waited patiently for my time. Then I heard those magical words... "42.3 seconds. A 48 handicap... Good enough for a bronze medal!" now I will wait patiently for it to arrive in the mail since they ran out of bronze pins lol.

• Like 5

The lodge is really nice. More importantly the bathrooms are as well. It looks like they got their customer service counter from a Ritz Carlton and the food is great. Plus the statue of the skier rocking a wedgie (when you pull in) is fantastic.

Seriously go spend some $$ at the new montage. It's obvious that the new owners care and put a lot into the place.

• Like 3

The new owners have really put some dough into the place, and it looks great. Definitely need to stop in the lodge to see what they have done with it. The morning lift ticket is still a great deal

White lightning. Pic really doesnt show how good this was.

post-1753-0-52898300-1389573155_thumb.jpg

Just took home a bronze in NASTAR. It was my 3rd and final try. The odds were stacked against me. The heart was racing, the adrenaline was flowing. After coming less than a second short the last two runs, I began my journey into the unknown. It was all a blur until I got to the finish line. I stopped, looked up and waited patiently for my time. Then I heard those magical words... "42.3 seconds. A 48 handicap... Good enough for a bronze medal!" now I will wait patiently for it to arrive in the mail since they ran out of bronze pins lol.

Congrats dude, NASTAR is cool.

Gonna have to get up their soon.....

I heart nastar. In the spirit of the upcoming winter games, I thought I'd embellish that a little. Lol. But seriously they better send me my pin.

Good to hear! I'll send it out as soon as they come in from NASTAR :)

• Like 2

White Lightning is skiing better tonight than yesterday if you guys can believe that. And everything else is insanely fast. Perfect night out here with next to no one on the trails.

Edit: just went down boomer and they groomed out the bumps.

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1